• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings 2004 Season Record?

namtkd1

The vikings will be a big bust this year. They will go 1-15 and Tice will be gone by the end of the season!!!! You heard it here first

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MJR

• bottomfeeder

• buzzsaw

• united jigsticker

I hope you don't watch any games after the Vikes first win, sir.

Because, then, according to your prediction, would only be waisting your time.

Now, you can come back and say that you don't watch the Vikes...So, I hope you don't even glance at the paper, a TV, or this forum ever again...(see edit note below)

So....why are you reading this?

My uncle was a Viking from 86'-91'. (not really, but it would be neat-o if he was, right guys???) grin.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[Edit Note: united jigsticker was only joking in good humor, and appreciates all readers and contributions that are expressed by the opinions of those that are good spirited fans of any NFL team. (yeah, that means you too, Packer fans!)]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 09-11-2004).]

DEADMINNOWCATCHER: With a name like that I assume you have had a tough time on the water?! 1 - 15 ya say?! HMMMM, sounds like a crackrock problem to me, maybe you can go watch the Packers, Bears and Lions stink it up... cuz it's going to happen!

big bottomed dude,

quote:

when you have one of the best QB's to ever step on a football feild

Wow, that's quite a statement! Do you also do the radio play by play for the vikings? I remember listening to a viking game one time, after a completion by Jeff George, the viking announcers say, ...yada yada yada, and that's what makes Jeff George the most prolific passer in the history of the game. My point, please, give us a break. Youre killing me.

Additionaly, do you remember when Jamel Anderson did the dirty bird all over the vikqueens in a playoff game? This after the vikes had one of the most succesfull offensive seasons ever. My point? Defense wins champonships, not offense and schoolyard celebrations.

Which of course leads me to adrress Tom H. Tom, Tom, Tom. Haven't you learned by now that utlimatly the Vikequeens will collapse. What teams will the vikings lose to this year? Your guess is as good as mine. Did you pencil in a loss to Arizona last year? Nooooooooooooooooooo

Bottomfeeder, Defenses do NOT always win championships.... look at the Rams recent super bowl win... didn't they have a very high scoring offense?? It's being well rounded and having depth... My only concern with the vikes is our depth and our secondary... however I believe our secondary is better than last year for whatever thats worth. I'm very interested in what your Packers are going to do tonight against the Panthers.... that will be discussed tomorrow.
Do you believe the Packers defense can keep the Vikes under 30 points when they play each other? (No McKenzie ma boy)

Big bottom packer are you really a football fan or are you another one of those wisconites that has no clue that there are 16 games in a reg. season. My prediction is 11-5 with playoffs and lose in the NFC title game like they always do. I am too used to a dissapointing ending and am always expecting it. Just like the twins(they need one more pitcher).

Good Fishin'...

Bring back Majikowski, rember the packers in the 60's 70's and 80's and 90's(except for the fluke year). About as relevant to this year as Jamal Anderson.

The biggest difference between a viking fan and a packer fan is that the viking fan knows when they have a lousy team.

The vikes on paper and from what we have seen are pretty good. However they still have to play the games (Remember Denver vs Green Bay).

I have been an absolute die hard viking fan my entire life. I was born the year the francise started 1961. I have not missed a game (I'm includeing watching on TV) in over 20 years.

Realistically- The Vikes have a great chance to be 12-4 this year. In the past, we have beat the good teams and struggled against the bad teams. I’m sure they will still win one they should loose and loose one they should win.

Anyone doubting that this team is one of the elite teams in the NFL just doesn’t know what they’re talking about……………sorry, but true.

Fish Head

mjr

there you go again, what?

feel free to do some research. the Packers in the 60's didn't lose much.

and for the "fluke year" i'm assuming what you mean is the year the Packers won the super bowl in 96? guess i'll take a fluke over NONE!!!!!

A few comments, some are just facts:

I think the Packers will be okay this year, but the Vikes will be better. Super Bowl, well I don't know, but should definitely be competitive in the playoffs.

Is Charles Rogers made out of glass or tissue paper? Seriously I feel bad for the guy, bad luck or genetically inferior clavicles?

Vikes pass defense still gave up a ton of yards. Methuselah threw for 355 to a trio of has beens & malcontents.

Can anyone really hope to "contain" Randy Moss? I mean Dallas did hold him to 4 - 27, but two huge interference penalties that setup scores, oh yeah, & two TD's, throw in the bonus 37 yard completion.

Okay so Detroit "might" be better than the Bears this year. So???? The Tigers are better than KC this year too, whoopty do!! Will that get either of them discounts on playoff tickets??

deadminnow guy,

You are probably closer to correct then in-correct. However you are posting on a MN site, and as such, you won't find much in the way of reality here. Most vikqueen fans I know look at their schedule and can't pick out a loss. Vikings 15-0 (reality 9-6).

Were you poeple watching the same game I was yesterday? With an offense like that, how can anyone honestly not have the Vikes favored in the north. The Pack will finish second, but it wont even be close. Vikes will finish between 11-5 and 16-0. Who cares how many ??'s you have on defense when you have one of the best QB's to ever step on a football feild. He is even better the the famouse fudgepacker himself, Brett"I need vicodan to play" Favre.

So bottom packer...I mean feeder...LOL...

What are the 6 games they will loose? I'm sure you will be saying the Pack will win both games, and probably Philly, maybe Indy, but after that, who else?

Inquiring minds want to know......

Otto

What is up with the What? What? I am around packer fans from time to time and I am just sharing some of my observations.

Packers were pretty good in the 60's I looked it up because I was not alive then. Not sure if those victories carry over to modern day.

All that matters is this year.

Purple Pride

The view from a Packers fan...

VIkes will go either 10 - 6 or 11 - 5. They & the Pack will be within a game of each other in the end with both making the playoffs.
I say they both make the second round, and then end up playing head to head. No predictions there, guess that'll depend on who wins the division and where the game is at.
No Super Bowls, but an NFC championship game will be in the cards for one of them.

Oh, and for those who think for a second that Favre will be retiring at the end of the year? Nope.. 3 more years, then he leaves....

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

Too much class??? drug addict, alcoholic....he'd fit right in. Looks like the Pack is in last place in the division.

By the way the Packers have won the super bowl 1 time in since The Vikings have come along.

Da Bears

Oh that loss at home to the bears will leave a mark at the end of the year!!! Atleast lose to playoff teams!!

buzzsaw,

This coming from a guy who's team last year lost to Arizona last year? A game which meant everything to the vikings and nothing to Arizona.

Bottom

You silly packer fans, do you ever enjoy the season that is under way this year or is it always 1967? What ever happend to the pack last year in the playoffs after they backed in????? That was impressive.

The Vikings were not that good last year and it remains to be seen if they are as good as I hope they are this year. One thing is becoming clear the packers were not very good last year and it looks like they are not going to be good this year either.

Well said in my defense!
Bottomfeeder, like the gentleman above me said... do you Packer fans EVER live in the present or is it all in the past?? If you like the past try thinking about your own little playoff games against Philly .. 4th and 26!! or at home against Atlanta in a game that you are heavily favored.... You see most Minnesota fans don't play that card... it's stupid... but I've come to expect it from the foreigners to the east of here! Oh and by the way... how are your Brewers and Bucks fairing the past thirty or so years???? I guess your state couldn't support a pro hockey team either... I could go on and on but I'll just let you live in your little past and in your grandpa's past.

You see MJR and buzz, I was not the one casting stones, calling out a team for losing to an inferior team. I was merely pointing out, that the packers aren't the only team to ever lose in a such a fashion. Your vikings have done it during the regular season, playoffs, and superbowls. Lets face it, they are the champions of losing to inferior teams.

Now to your other point about living in the past. This is always the biggest difference between viking and packer fans. The difference being that packer fan can look back and with lovingly fondness, recolect past championship seasons. The vikings? Well lets just say, their past is filed with one disapointment after another. But I'm not so blinded as not to look to the future either. The packers? They will be just fine, making the playoffs, and then we will take it one game at a time from there. The queens? Using a little trend anyalsis here, I foresee another epic meltdown. It's just a matter of when...regular season, playoffs, or SuperBowl?

Oh and by the way. I'm a MN guy through and through, just always liked the pack I guess. Go Twins!

What inferior team ever got to the Super Bowl. KC, Oakland, Pittsburg. I don't see any inferior team make the Super Bowl.

MJR -

I think you need to look at your history books again...

The Vikes came along in... 1961....

Super Bowl 1 was played in 1967...

SO the Packers have won 3 Super Bowls and been to 4 since the Vikings came along...

And like I said before.. DEFENDING North Champs... not 10 years ago, not 20 Years ago.. RIGHT NOW... backed in or not, the banner still hangs over a silent & saddened Lambeau Field after yesterday's fiasco... but one game doesn't make a season...

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

[This message has been edited by slick814 (edited 09-20-2004).]

LOL. You kids get so emotional over pro sports. If you ask me, they should use their own money to build these stadiums that they want our tax dollars to pay for. They're the multi-millionaires, not us. Why can't they pay for it?

And just because a team does great one year doesn't mean anything for the next year.

I'm against the Viqueen's in every game except against two teams: Dallas and Oakland.

They didn't fail me last night. tongue.gif