• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Smallmouth Crazy?

Johnsonator

I was wondering if anybody has any tips where to fish for the mille lacs smally. I have never tried for them on mille lacs but will be up all weekend and plan to give it a try. I love fishing smallmouth and any tips are appreciated. thanks

Johnsonator, Try the shallow water/rock marker bouys. These are great places to start. So far these season I've caught three real nice smallies. They seem to be a little slugish but should pick up as the water temp increases.

Good Luck, JBug

I did pretty well fishing bay sandbars closer to shore on the south end Saturday. Used a Millenium Lil' Rascal. I fished the inside drop, just casting to the top of the bar and running it down. Biggest was 20" with a 16 in girth! That was a real pig!