• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Football Talk

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm looking for a few good people who know their football and know how to communicate it. If you play fantasy football, so much the better.

I need an expert on each of the following teams to start.

Bears-Broncos-Chiefs-Lions-Packers-Rams-Vikings

We'll have a little contest.
Pick your favorite team and tell us about them in this thread. Have at it smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-30-2004).]

Football too??!!??

This is GREAT Rick!!

Well, I don't know which of the 3 I would pick first because I am a die-hard fan of the Twins, Wolves and the Purple, but let me tell ya, I BLEED Purple...the Pack s*u*c*k*s...LOL

Go to about 3 games a year, tailgate at every one, heck, I even want to buy an old van or motorhome, paint it purple and make it into the tailgateing HQ from H*E*L*L!!!!

Anyhow, And this goes for the other two Minnesota teams, I am a loyal fan, not one of thos bandwagon jumpers who like to make well known they are a team fan when the going is good but say how much they hate them when they go in the tank. I'll tell ya they s*u*c*k if they truly do, but I still love em and they are MY team no matter what...even if they have a coach named Les Steckel!!

I can't wait till August!!

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 06-28-2004).]

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I was a sports reporter, I could name the Vikings roster and comment on every player and position. I went back to college and changed careers about the same time Denny Green was allowed to ruin the team. I'd only be happy on Sundays if the Vikings lost and have taken great joy in the recent playoff a$$-whippin's. The success that Mike Tice has brought gives me hope. If McCoombs sells the team to Glen Taylor, I'll be back.

I will be the Bears guy since I have been a die hard all my life.

The vikings will come into this season with that bitter taste in their mouth from how last season ended in Arizona. Should prove to be some great motivation this season. Offseason moves on paper point to nice upgrades on both offense and defense.
On defense you have to start with the aquisition of Antoine Winfield. His cover skills could singlehandedly improve this defense immensely. Dont worry about his past stat sheet as far as interceptions go. You cant intercept passes if QB's dont throw too your side. This will give more balls to the rest of the secondary who last year was at the tops in the league in taking passes the other way. A very speedy young LB crew from last year has another year under there belt. This unit should also be much improved. 2nd round pick Dontarrious Thomas has shown early signs of being something special and will give more depth too the LB unit. 1st round pick Kenechi Udeze will help anchor a defensive line that should also be much improved. The second half of last year Kevin Williams made everyone forget about the draft day oopses as he started to dominate. I look for this guy too be a monster this year.
On offense you get a healthy Micheal Bennett back and Onterrio Smith showed glimmers of being a great back last year. These 2 RB's will be running behind one of the best lines in the game. These guys are huge and they've been together for a couple years now. Randy Moss, well hes Randy Moss and hes simply the most gifted athlete in the game and with another year under his belt you can see the maturity. Marcus Robinson brought in from Baltimore finished the second half of last year as one of the hottest recievers in the game. He should get plenty of opportunities with 2 or 3 DB's covering Moss on every down. This could be one the best recieving tandem in the game this year if Robinson stays healthy. Along with Jim Kliensasser at tight end this year the vikes brought in another weapon in Jermaine Wiggins from the panthers. Take away the deep game and these two TE's will make it a slow painful death for the defense. When it comes too this years team it truly is a pick your poison situation. If you load up on the running game those recieving weapons all over the field will torch you. If you play back that big OL and the speedy RB's will cut you too pieces. But the whole key in my eyes to how this offense and how the team may go is Daunte Culpepper and how Mike Tice decides to use him. Hopefully Tice realizes his mistakes from last year. You have to go into every game, home or away, with the reigns taken off and let Daunte play. We should see the wide open offense we saw the end of last year against the chiefs and seahawks. Not the passive "play not too lose" style we saw on the road when the vikes visited the bears and cardinals. This team has too many weapons too not put lots of points up game in and game out. This in turn makes the defenses job easier. You jump on people with an early lead and you make the oppenent more 1 dimensional by taking the running game away. This should be a very interesting season. The parts seem too be in place. If the expectations of a few new people are met or exceeded it could be a very special year. This team will find out very early what its all about hosting Dallas on opening day followed up by a week 2 trip on Monday night too Philly. Two teams expected to be at the top of the NFC this season.

[This message has been edited by james_walleye (edited 07-10-2004).]

[This message has been edited by james_walleye (edited 07-10-2004).]