• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buffalo Action

Hit Buffalo today from 2:30-5:00. Slow going for me, 1 northern, real windy out there today. Did anyone else go out today or have any luck?

I fished Buffalo Lake early thursday morning got 2 northerns. 1 was a 5 lber, the other was over 13 lbs in 2 feet of water.

Frank one pike where are the walleyes? Went to tonka on wednesday afternoon pretty slow one 15 inch walleye.

Ranger, Shouldn't you be working? I wish I knew where the 'eyes are at. It was real windy and boat control was very tough so I didn't get to hit my usual spots. Maybe I'll find them next week if I can get out now that football is over. See you Sunday.

Jim, Sounds like two nice fish!

The dock at the north access is out, but the dock at the access in the park is still in the water.

The dock on the south end has been

pulled out also. If you launch on the north

side carefull of shallow hump. washout hole

from boat loading. If I only had a load to

dig out the hump.

I've been out a couple different times over the past three days with little results. Clearwater on Thursday had some tough conditions in the morning with the fog and wind. I was shooting for walleyes which weren't very active, I caught one pike in about 4 hours. I didn't get a chance to get out to Waconia on Friday, it was just way too windy for that size of a lake so I took the boat out to Dutch near Howard Lake looking for some bass. I caught three over 15 inches on a jig and plastic crawfish. The bass on that lake are suckers for them. And finally, my dad and I went out to Buffalo this morning jigging fatheads all over the lake. We caught fish but not the species we were looking for...a bunch of pike (no size), 2 crappies on jigs, and a 17 inch bass while trolling. Thankfully it was a nice morning to be out.

I'm heading back to school today with my portable house and all the ice fishing stuff and starting to get that ready.

I'll still bring a few rods with me back. The walleyes are biting like crazy off the docks on one of the lakes done there. Not a whole lot of size to most of them, (my largest being about 15 inches) but on Wednesday of last week I caught about 15-20 on a jig and minnow.

Anybody else been out? This was the last weekend for the old Grumman to see water for a while. We treated her and were putting her away.

Loebs93 where you going to school. I had some good fishing on the Mississippi R. for eyes off an dock.

I go to MSU, Mankato. I'm not very close to the Mississippi but since I have transfered to Mankato, at the begining of the semester, I have fished the MN River a few times. It is supposed to be good fishing but I haven't caught anything out there yet...maybe because I havent tried using fatheads. Any suggestions on how to fish a river?

Lobes,

If you and your dad would hang out with me and your other two uncles, you could have had all the walleyes you wanted two weeks ago. My biggest being 26" and Terry's being 27". had lots of em between 12 and 17. Burnie and the boys had lots of crappies around 10" and some nice pike up to 36". Give a call next time your up and for a fee I may guide you into some.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you jumped in here. That’s what I've heard. Next time you guys head there Give Me A Call! I would go with you in a heart beat. Right now all I do on the weekends (Friday all day through Sunday) down in Mankato is fish off docks or with my waders during the days and evenings, and party and drink at night, so there's plenty of time to drive for some fishing action. Although numbers of walleyes have been just short of spectacular down here, the sizes haven't been like what you are describing.

Shoot me an email with your two-way number so we can hook up. [email protected]

Nothing makes me more jealous than when I hear a report like that.

Hey Guys-

I'm an old MSU grad. There is some great river fishing to be had. My best advice is to head a few miles south to Rapidan, go to the Dam Store (I'm not kidding) I think you have to pay a small amount for parking. Jig the rocks with minnows for walleye lots of good times.

Good Luck

Is that the Blue Earth River or the Minnsota in Rapidan? I see the sign for it on the way to Lake Crystal, where the walleye bite has been pretty good lately.

The dam store is on the Blue Earth. It is a county park now there. You don't have to pay. Just open the gate and you can drive back in there. I have never caught much there however, I hear that people do.

Here I am in Buffalo all grown up (so they say, many beg to differ), and I am reading about some of my my boyhood stomping grounds in southern MN in the Buffalo forum! Only on FM, I tell ya. I grew up in Winnebago. As kids, we used to have an annual Blue Earth River biggest carp tourney. We used to ride our bikes to the dam sometimes. Here is the history of the Dam Store if anyone is interested. http://www.connectbiz.com/stories/dam.html

I knew you would catch on right away. I can't believe my other cousin on moms side Corey hasn't chimed in yet to see where the action is goin. He's on FM daily. Probably hasn't put 2 and 2 together. This time of year he has a spot for 30 plus inch walleyes. I've seen pics but then again you can make a 20 incher look like a 30 if you take the picture right. He's supposed to be taking me there this year but I haven't got a phone call yet so I can't say it is 100% true.

Things were happening on Lake Crystal down here today. I was out for about 3 hours off a dock and caught plenty of wallyes. Most were of a smaller size but I did catch my biggest walleye yet at 28 inches. I couldnt believe it! And the cool thing is I got a picture of it. That was so cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Buffalo action, seems slow from a boat,

I got 2 large bass fishing from shore.

a 4lber and a 6 1/2lber. in 2 feet of water. on a mimic minnow.

It sounds like things are hot on Minnetonka right now with crankbaits. Anything like that out on Buffalo, Clearwater or any of the other surrounding lakes?

I'm coming home for the weekend, I'll see if I can bother my dad enough to get the boat out of storage and cruise over to Cedar or Clearwater. If not you'll probably see me fishing from the shoreline on Buffalo.

Loebes, did you get my email with my nextel ID? Just incase you decide to nail the fish. Went out this last Saturday on deer opener after the morning hunt on a lake near Remer, just some small snakes and one 15" walleye. Had more fun than in the stand. Other than that haven't been out.