• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Basswacker here. I was drivin past twin last night and the ice is almost gone. I was thinkin you and I should make a raft and make a break for the other side of the world .I been cleanin my dumb garage for 2 weeks now an she keeps gettin dirtier by the min.!
OH well time ta go fishin I guess
Tight lines all.
PS give me a call ya Mitchell en man
Basswacker

That's A O'k with me might be as late as Sunday though I have to work today and tomorrow and Saturday My 87 year old mom will be the blushing bride at a wedding. She robbing the cradle her groom is only 86.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• manfromlaramie
      Hi all - new to the forum.  I live in NE Wyoming and am an avid fly fisherman.  While I love fishing for trout out west, warm water species on the fly is a blast.   Me and a buddy are headed out this coming weekend for a BWCA trip.  We have a couple of days on the front end of the trip to fish.  I'm planning on towing my drift boat from NE Wyoming and have spot picked out in North Dakota to float for smallies on the fly.  I'm looking at trying to get an additional float in somewhat near Ely before our entry into the Boundary Waters.  It's a 16' drift boat and doesn't really draft much.  I'm planning on having a small trolling motor just in case I need some additional power.  Looking mainly to target smallmouth and pike.   I've looked at a few areas to float, but wanted some advice.  I have a few options that I think meet what I'm looking for:   1) St. Louis River near Hoyt Lakes.  Looked like there are couple of access points to launch and take out below Hwy 110 2) Cloquet River - Hwy 7 to the mouth. 3) Bigfork River - From Ivan Crawford to Reedy Flats   Can anyone provide any advice these or provide any other recommendations?   Thanks in advance!  
    • gimruis
      I have been doing pretty good bass fishing locally.  A lot of numbers, but lacking in really big quality fish that I have caught the last two seasons.  Biggest I could catch this season so far is 18 inches.
    • leech~~
      Welcome to the forum. Downriggers work best for suspended fish in deep water. Most river's are shallow and rocky. If you want to fish the bottom in a river a bottom bouncer might be best to not lose a lot of expensive gear. Imo. Good luck. 
    • DeEon
      I have a Cannon Optima and Iam anxious to try downriggers for walleye.  There is a bottom tracking feature on Optima.  I think most walleyes are close to bottom so I think it is a good tactic.  I am, however, nervous about using Fishhawk XD4 with on river.  A screwup would really be expensive!
    • smurfy
      i'm not real involved yet. my first meeting. long story but my parents belonged to it years ago. after the cabin lake had the 2 consecutive years of severe winterkill i dogged the heck out of the fisheries people in grand rapids.🤭 i found out through the watershed assoc they talked them into restocking sunfish and bass into the lake. they did that this past june. so i figured for the 15 bucks join!!!!!   my next battle is with the township......🤣 trying to get them to grade part of our road going into the cabin!!!!! i already sent the letter but havent heard from them yet. since i've retired from being a union thug.......i gotta pick a few battles to keep my skills sharp!!!!!!!!🤪🤭👍
    • Kettle
      That's awesome that you are involved in that! I hope you have a good trip up!
    • smurfy
      I'm heading up sometime the last week in Aug . I joined the Jessie lake watershed assoc and they have a meeting on the 27 I want to attend.
    • Kettle
      Definitely in the dog days of summer. Catching a few walleye here and there on the river. Hasn't been too hot which makes me hopeful for an early fall fishing season. I'll post more when the fish turn their feed bags on and the leaves start falling. Until then I'll just work more and get winter gear ready
    • Kettle
      Definitely in the dog days of summer. Catching a few walleye here and there on the river. Hasn't been too hot which makes me hopeful for an early fall fishing season. I'll post more when the fish turn their feed bags on and the leaves start falling. Until then I'll just work more and get winter gear ready
    • leech~~
      Word to the wise. Never click on a Bot post with a highlighted link!  Unless you want cuddies on your system! 😛

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.