• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

how did ya do

Hit Clearwater this afternoon. No eyes unfortunately, but a limit of 10" craps in 3 hours. Couple of nice schools hung around suspended up 8-12 feet in 35 fow. Nothing on the bottom. Hot bite at 5:45pm. Small jigs/small minnows. Plain hook also did the trick.

5 eyes and 3 northerns on Cedar on Friday and Saturday. 9 northern on Ida on Saturday morning, all about the size of a pan size walleye. Nothing on Sunday except small perch.

Was out on Cedar yesterday afternoon/evening on the north end and didn't catch a thing except for a slight buzz. Almost had the Clam catch fire when my lantern was acting up on me. It must have got really cold in the garage and the gas dial wouldn't work right. First it wouldn't put out any gas and then it after I got it lit it started burning really hot and some flames were coming out of the top and it stunk really bad. Then I went to shut it off and then it wouldn't shut off. If somebody would have seen me they would've got a laught out of it, because I know I would've. Seeing some guy fly out of the his Clam with a flaming lantern in one hand and a beer in the other trying not to tip either of them and not to catch fire to the canvas on the way out. I got a laugh out of it at least if anyone else didn't have the pleasure to see it.
I guess it's crappie time for now for a while.

Yeah that was me in the blue Clam with a Grey Tahoe. I pulled in around 3:30 and the "flash" you saw should've been around 5:30 or so. Were you driving the white silverado or the ford with the green eskimo? I had my door set up facing the other way (facing my truck), so you couldn't have had the pleasure of seeing me juggling the flaming lantern and a beer while trying to get out of the zippered doorway, but you definitely could've seen the "flash of light" after I got out of the house if you were over to the East of me more towards the park. Is this your normal spot that you hammer 'em at Bobberboy?

Lake Pulaski...2 northerns in 4 hours...missed one walleye...had fun anyway.

MG...
Let me guess...that lantern was made by Paulin...mine did the same thing...Now I use an battery operated lantern...plus those mantles are a pain in the a$$!!!

------------------
"I fish. Therefore, I am...(and yet, my most consistent catches come at Cub Foods!!)"

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 02-16-2004).]

MG-Fishn' were you out in front of the park? around 3:30? I thought I seen a flash over in that direction last evening.

No actually it's a Coleman lantern. It's never done that before so I'm not sure if it was just really cold or what. If the same problem occurs again I'll have to take a look at it a little closer so we don't burn the Clam down to the ice.

MC-Fishin'
I had the Black Ford. That area around the bar had been very good to me the last couple weeks. My son turned me on to Cedar and suggested that I try that area. As I said I didn't do for #$%& on Sunday but had good fishing there 5 out of 7 times.

I have never fished that area before Sunday but it looked like a prime spot on the map and decided to go for it. Usually when I'm up that way I hit either Sugar or Millstone. I thought I'd try somewhere else for the last day of the season. That cold front that came through last weekend had to have shut them down. Take care Bobberboy and I'm sure I'll see you out there again. If you smell the canvas on the Clam melting next time, that means I probably had some more lantern problems. Come one over with a bucket of water!

MG-Fishin,
How did you do on Sugar? I was out on those mid-lake humps 2 or 3 time and never managed anything more than a few small perch. I also fished about a 1/4 mile from the North landing on the north shore in the first little bay and never seen a thing.