• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

vandalism

Well,this weekend the inevitable happened. My fish house got vandalized, along with at least 10 others on Lake Sylvia/Twin. Person on a snowmobile with an axe. Had they taken the time to look in the window they would have seen that there was nothing to take. Just busted up my door and window for no reason. I suppose that I should be happy that they didnt trash the whole house. Does a person really have to take everything out of the house and leave the door open to avoid this? How does one go about leaving a vented heater in the house, or battery for lights? Do they still hang horse thieves? And if so could we do the same with fish house molesters....this whole situation has really fouled my mood. Wouldnt even use the perm if it wasnt for my two little kids and wife who really enjoy the comfort of a hard house. am I going to have to relagate the hard house to shore to only be used as a "boat house". Argh!!!!!

------------------
I fish, therefore I am.

It makes me sick when I hear things like that.

Don't let it enjoy your passion for fishing.
Glad to hear you are getting the family involved in this great sport.

Hopefully, these idiots will get caught soon.

(I also posted this in Farley's topic):

"Take note when these break-ins occurred (i.e; weeknight, Sunday night, weekday morning, etc.) if you can. Then, if you have the time, go out to your houses...and wait for 'em.
Some guys did this on Mille Lacs (a few years ago), when they figured a pattern to some break-ins. They surprised the bandits, when they opened the door to a dark fishhouse. The guys surprised the thieves with a shotgun in the face (which I do not recommend!)...made them squeal like babies and confess to the whereabouts of all their lost possessions, while waiting for the police. Rather violent and dangerous but extremely effective! These idiots have no respect, whatsoever, for other people's hard-earned property, and take issue with people enjoying themselves and expecting a little respect and decency...I too, am sick of this crap." -- Andy

------------------
"Please...respect the 'NO WAKE ZONE' around my portable..."

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 02-02-2004).]

Have a neighbor that has a brother that lives on Sugar in that neck of the woods. He was telling me that he was at his brothers fishing and playing a little poker on Sat. They decided to go up to the house for a bite to eat pulled up there gear and left the lantern going. Came back down to the house and found 2 chisle holes in the door. Looked like the fools took off pretty quick when light poured out of the holes they put in the house. They followed the tracks straight to the public landing and lost them.