• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"Secret little lake"...

"We fished one today...it stunk...we caught 100 panfish and could only bring one home...so we didn't...too small!"

"I'm pleasantly surprised about the Vikings outcome...I truly am", said Sam.

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-04-2004).]

Ackoltz: If you are a frustrated Vikes fan...I agree...the offensive play calls were rotten, the Vikes were the better team, and Arizona wanted it more. If you are a Cards fan...4-12..WhaHOOO...Yourself.

ACKOTZ HE HATES THE VIKES. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT HE LIVES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET FROM ME HE LIKES THE 5-11 BOTTOM FEADER DETROIT KITTENS UMM SORRY I MEAN LIONS

Yeah...but we (the Lions) won yesterday, and neither one of us is going to the playoffs...so how's it feeling/tasting now? grin.gif

To level the playing field for the Lions, I say we trade Mike Tice for Matt Millen, straight up. One "brain trust" for the other. Who knows, maybe Tice will be available to be Mariucci's o-line coach in the next week or so. Story is, Red's polishing up his six shooter.

What is this? A Lions fan making fun of the Vikes? Don't the Lions provide enough entertainment for ya with Millen, loss after loss, etc.? smile.gif

There ya go, LakeCenter... Millen for Tice sounds like a pretty even trade grin.gif I think Tice may be headed back to an assistant position for somebody shortly - if not this year, probably next.. I don't blame Tice, but we need some changes in that organization.

As you can tell by now, I'm no Vikings fan...but if I were, I would like to see Randy Moss get traded. Imagine what great draft picks and/or vacancies could be filled from trading Moss...couple of cornerbacks, a middle linebacker (Biekert's old and now you know why the Lions let Chris Claiborne go, he's fat, and always injured!)...
...in case you noticed Randy Moss hasn't got you to a "Super Bowl homeboy"...and neither have the other "primadonna receivers" around the league (i.e; Terrell Owens-SF, Keyshawn Johnson-TB, Joe Horn-NO, etc.)...
Just an idea...and by the way, Mike Tice is staying...ha-ha! grin.gif

I couldn't agree more on getting rid of Moss. They need some guys with heart on that team - when the so called "leader" Moss doesn't even make attempts at catching balls for fear of getting hit, it doesn't do much for leading the team and the overall chemistry of that team. He is great and has unbelievable talent, don't get me wrong, but could be utilized as trade bait to build that team. As long as Tice is around, his buddies Moss and Pepper will be around. I guess Tice got one more year to show his stuff. If he doesn't make the playoffs next year with his contract ending, I don't think he'll be so fortunate.

I think the guy that needs to be traded is Culpepper. If he could actually get the ball to Moss or any other receiver for that matter instead of checking down every single play and throwing to a back or jimmy k for a 2 yard gain. Throw it down the field for god sakes. He didnt even take a shot down field against Arizona. In my opinion if you launch it to moss, hes gonna get it 1 outta 2, TAKE THE Chance! Oh yeah the playcalling and Secondary dont really help either. Pitiful.

The Vikes sure make it tough to be a fan, don't they? Still, they are my team. I sometimes think Culpepper is the real deal, and then sometimes I think he just plain stinks. I think he has it all physically, but doesn't read defenses well. It is hard to say if it was play calling or Culpepper that made poor calls last gaem. It did seem as though Culpepper was changing many of the calls at the line. He did end up with a very high QB rating, highest in the NFC I believe... One thing for sure, the team doesn't have any chemistry at all. I'm not sure who is responsible for that, but they could use a real leader on that team.

So now that we are way off topic, what about this secret lake smile.gif...

...this "secret little lake" was producing bucketfuls today! Several other groups of people were out there with similar results.
We must have caught 50 fish apiece (dewoutdoor70 and I), however we sorted through them to keep a limit of solid 5 and 6 inchers!
Don't let the size fool ya. These were voracious fish...many of these actually caused the bobber to dance an "Irish Jig"...very exciting day, we pounded 'em. Needless to say, I'm actually icing down my arms right now, so I can "git after 'em" again this weekend. I think rest and some Tylenol to bring down the swelling in my lower back (from violent hooksets) and I'll be alright come Saturday.
Duane is gonna be alright too. He began hyper-ventilating on the ice. He had to take a half-hour break, laid down (on the ice) and it seemed to calm him down good.
The fish attacked in waves...as fast as we could reel up, they would strike again! I think they were trying trick us into giving up...but we hung in there and did not succumb to their tactics.
I think we showed them... we're 'Mericans!... grin.gif -- Andy

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-01-2004).]

YES YES VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY ON THE SECRET LAKE. HAVE TO GO VERY SORE ARMS.

Hey Duane...gonna run to the post office and then to KameApart for some propane cylinders (gonna need 'em next week...SUB-ZERO temps!!) since you sucked my other ones dry!
I was thinking of drowning some of these minnows today, since I don't have to work until tonight...(Gotta be in bed by 4pm)...for midnight "on-call" status...
Thinking of going to Buffalo Lake for some crappy crappies...wanna go?

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-02-2004).]

Duane...
I didn't go fishing today (Sunday)...friends of ours had just had a baby, so Connie and I went to the hospital with some gifts for them...then we went out to dinner because tomorrow (Monday) is our 13th wedding anniversary (and as you know I'll be working tomorrow night frown.gif)--AK

should try the one behind the secret lake can probally drive to the corner WHERE ARE MY KEYS

[This message has been edited by dewoutdoor70 (edited 01-07-2004).]

Duane...your keys are at the bottom of "Secret Lake #2"...where you left them last Saturday...
remember?

------------------
"Don't drop your keys down the icehole!"