• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Charlotte

Spent the good part of a day out on Charlotte and did not have much luck.

Found lots of small sunfish and a bullhead.

Does anyone have any tips for this lake?

I used to have some luck there with crappies but the size seems to have disappeared (most seem to be extremely small) Now if I go there it's only for bass. I've had some luck fishing on the main body of the lake with plastics (power worm mostly) throwing into the weedline (about 8 feet or so and bringing it out or casting along the edges of it. Mostly 1-2 pounders but the occasional large one as well
good luck

If your going after bass try the weedline on the southwest corner of the lake. Another thing you could try is fishing the docks along the main body of the lake, you can catch a few that way also. If your after northerns, you can go just about anywhere on the lake and catch your share of hammerhandles. Good luck
p.s. I haven't been out there this year yet, how is the access?

Access is still pretty crappy. I was there 3 weeks ago for crappie and there is a big log blocking part of the access (if you remember there are 2 places you can back your boat into) But it still is usable so thats all that matters

[This message has been edited by wmn luv me walleye fearme (edited 05-28-2003).]

I love that ramp! Keeps everyone away...well, I wish, there's still too many people on it for my liking...but hey, it's a public lake.

2 of us caught our limit of crappies (nice ones too) and a limit of nice pike...good luck. --AK