• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

As of Friday noon (11/30) some ice was forming on shallow water weedy areas of Clearwater and the western shoreline of Pleasant. Temp, however, was rising and it is supposed to be almost 40 this afternoon.

We still have a wait for fishable ice.

As of Sunday morning (Dec 2) skim ice was on Pleasant, John, and Clearwater. By noon water was dripping from trees, roofs, and anything else holding snow. Prediction is for more 40+ temps next week. Can't believe I had 20 inches of snow in my yard 3 days ago.

Tuesday, December 4, and not even a shred of skim ice anywhere. Even the shallow bays out of the wind are open water again -- it is currently 43 degrees on my temp guage.

Only bits and pieces of last week's snow storm remain. Today is like a spring day.

I hear that Sandy lake is froze. It had a severe winterkill last year, so I don't know how good it would be. There are usually some monster gills in there.
ffm

Lots of skim ice formed yesterday on Clearwater (mostly the weedy, wind-sheltered areas) Pleasant, Cedar, and John. The late afternoon snow flurries left a white cover on lots of ice -- and it also gives an indication where the ice is wet.

The water temps must be very close to freezing. They are talking high of 30 today (Saturday) but back to low 40s tomorrow. It will still be a while before I'll head out -- I want a good four inches to suit me.

Oh yes.. the big crappies will bite....I have already been out over the last few days ice fishing and have caught some jumbo slabs...up to 1 1/2#....nice Crappies

Sunday was cooler than had been predicted, but there is NO safe ice Clearwater. We need 3-4 more cold nights with the same 3-4 days below freezing.

Open water yet on Clearwater, Pleasant, John, Cedar, etc. West side of Pleasant actually lost ice yesterday. Some of it blew into the SE corner.

Does anybody have some ice info on the lakes. Particulary Buffalo, Clearwater, Ida, Bebee or other recommendations in the area. Anybody fish indain lake in the winter? I have never been on it, but a "relatively" reliable source(considering that this was a fisherman speaking) told me it was "the ticket" this year for crappies! Good luck!

bigeyes -

Buffalo just skimmed over yesterday and still had open spots. My wife's grandpa lives on Beebe and fishes it pretty hard. I will find out how it looks tonight.

Friday, Dec 21 -- thank goodness the days get longer from here on in, I don't like darkness (which rules out Norway, home of my ancestors).

Half a dozen guys were fishing Clearwater this afternoon out from the public landing across from Bob's Bay. Not me! Going out from BJs with ice spud saw the spud go thru with one thrust at each step.

Otherwise, there are folks fishing Granite, Union, and a couple of the little ones between Maple Lake and Annandale. Pleasant is not safe -- Most of Clearwater is not safe. Two portables were on Beaver this afternoon when I went past on 15 en route to St. Cloud.

The problem now is that we are supposed to get significant snow tomorrow and Sunday and the ice is uneven at best. This is, at least in my opinion, a dangerous situation. I am staying off.