• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HELP?????

Hello rt_sports,

I know that D-man will take good care of you on some of the "wheres" to fish on the south end. If I may give some suggestions, I would recommend Mazominee Point out of Cove bay. I would also recommend Hawkbill reef in the SE corner. Standard presentations would be Slipbobbering with 1/32 jigs and leeches, or trolling mid sized flt raps or taildancers.

Good luck

D-man,

Do you tend to use crawfish colors alot when fishing the shore related rocks? Do you think they have a tendancy to outperform say a perch color? Do you ever use them on deeper gravel, flats or basin areas?

Just curious.

Yes, i usually go with the crawfish pattern on the rocks. If you have ever caught Walleyes on the rocks and noticed their face is all banged up, its a good chance his primary diet is crawfish. They can really mess up thier faces chasing and digging crawfish out of tight cracks in the rocks. I will pull the Perch,Silver-black and the Spottail patterns on the deep gravel and mud. But this year i think the new Millennium lures will be a real producer.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 Click here for more info.

Editors Note: here is the link to Millennium Lure:
http://MillenniumLure.com

I have added links below to Pwaldow's and D-man's posts to the specific items they were referencing. You will see their posts were edited by Rick.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-11-2002).]

D-man,

I don't fish the south end that much in the summer. I plan on coming up there next sunday and pull some of those new Illusion Ghost Minnows. They look so good!!! I can't wait to try them out

Where are some of the better areas on the south end to do that?

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 05-09-2002).]

both sides of the lake have great areas, however, i think there may be a couple less boats on the north end, depending on the wind. I have a place on the north end and fish that area almost exclusively until the mud starts going and i love the east side in the fall

I'm partial to the south end, but then that's where our place is. I talked w/ my wife earlier today & she said the waves were really rolling. W/NW wind. I'll be working the Twin / Halfmoon area hard.

[This message has been edited by bladepuller (edited 05-09-2002).]

Paul/ I think your best bet is the shorelines. Hit the 5-8 foot areas. The bouys i mentioned above are a good start. There will also be alot of fish still in the bays. Just get away from the crowds. With the high north wind we had today, the south shore could be hot tomorrow night. Winds should be calm tomorrow night. Those new Millennium cranks shouldn't keep you out long.... Good luck.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

I have never been on mille lacs before and i heard it is hard to catch slot fish, any info would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to catch some hogs any help there to. I know alot of spots are hush hush but if you ever get down to Red Wing i will help you out as much as possible. Thanks

Hello rt-sports,

I don't know if you will read this before venturing out, but here goes. I myself prefer the North end sand early in the season because the lake tends to warm up faster to due the suns angle this time of year. But, this also depends on the wind direction.

There is a significant breakline (drops 9' to 16')that extends along most of the north side. I find that some of the best fishing is slightly west of the Wealthwood access and east of the access from Rays Boat Harbor to Malmo.

There will be alot of people fishing this breakline and I wouldn't hesitate to go shallower or even deeper (18-20') because these fish will be pressured off the break.

With the predicted East 10 to 15mph wind tomorrow, you will be able to sustain a nice drift pattern in this area.

It looks like I will be up on this end as well. We plan to start fishing by 5am. I don't have a marine radio (I am almost ashamed to say that), but I will be in a black/gray Lund 1650 Angler tiller with 50hp 4strk Yammy. I will be driving and wearing wetland camo. If you see me stop by and we can compare notes.

Thank you all for the info. I hope we can find the fish tommorro. We will be on channnel 69 so if anyone is finding some fish give us a call, our handle will be rtsports. Thanks again. and fathead we will keep our eyes pealed looking for you.