• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys. I've been 'off line' for a while but can't wait to get on the MN for cat's again.

Just a thought to add. I too like to cut off the pectoral spines of bullies when I'm using them as bait for cat's. 1) It put's a little more 'stink' in the water for them, and 2) With the spines on, I had a lot of them work their way into the rocks and other cover and wedge themselves there (because I hook them on the underside above their crap hole). I had far fewer 'wedgies' wink.gif when I clipped their pectoral fins.

My 17' river ready, double anchoring, multipurpose benching, livewell filling, rod holding Smokercraft & 20hp Evinrude are ready to drink, I mean fish.

We should get a thread going on early season tactics before I drop an 0/5 & sucker into the goldfish bowl.

Hey Perch Jerker, Welcome back!

Start the thred and they will come! cool-smiley-002.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

perch jerker,

You're still alive!!!!!!

I look forward to seeing you out there a few times this year.

By the way....I caught a couple channels and a few sturgeon on chicken liver last year.

Another trick we used to use as kids was home made dough balls with cod liver oil and vanilla extract.... I haven't tried that recipe on the Minnesota cause I don't think my wife would like the smell in the kitchen. I may have to put my foot down this spring and make myself a big batch.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Must....have.....open....water...

:banghead:
------------------
I fish.....Therefore I grovel.

Here....Fisheeeeeeee!!

[This message has been edited by wastewaterguru (edited 03-11-2003).]

Perch Jerker,

Was just wondering if you were still alive not too long ago. I've been getting the itch to hit the open water myself. This weekend should help open up the river.

Wow they are all coming out of the wood work.See what a little warm weather does!
Hows it going Flashman?

I've been eyeing the east outlet of Blackdog lake for the past week. I actually put the rod in the truck Sunday with every intention of wetting a line, then the phone rang and I never made it out. Spring Fever is setting in for me. I'm heading up to L.O.W. on the 21st, going to try to ice some big pike.

I'm usually able to throw a minnow trap in the creek that runs through our property just north of Blackduck and get some decent creek cubs out in the spring (6inches or better) whats the best way to keep'em alive long enough to fish for old Flatty?

If you have a creek at your place I would make a big cage,drop them in it and leave it in the creek.
I am not that fortunate so I have a 120g stock tank with pumps and filters.I can keep a few dozen big bait going for a long time if I keep up with the water changes.

If you really want to catch some nice cats, try using live leopard frogs. I have had many days of catching a dozen cats or more on them. You can catch them at any pond or along most creeks.