• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twins Win!

Pete Riola

Another solid start for Santana! Good to see the boys do some hitting tonight. Radke plus Santana equals World Series!

As well he should & as I do too.

Unfortunately I think St. Louis will be too much for us, but I like our chances to get to the series anyway. I suppose the Cards kind of owe us one for 87 anyway. I'm not saying we can't beat them & I definitely don't think they'd sweep us, but to take 4 of 7 from that line up would be tough. They can really hit.

yeah but their pitching staff isn't that great is it? Plus our top two could probably hold down any lineup right now. Pitching wins games Is the term I hear used most often.

Our top 2 is tough & if they pitched 4 games in a 7 game series I'd like to think we'd go at least 3-1 in those games, but they might not. Against that caliber of hitting team it might be hard to find another win against them with the rest of our staff. If our hitters would have a good series & theirs didn't, that would probably push us over the top.

Twins can play with any team in baseball. Plus getting Joe Mauer and the HOT hitting koskie back wont hurt either.

We can't get that far ahead. FIrst we have to worry about the possiabilty of playing the REd Sox if they overtake the Yanks. To me, that's more scary than the Birds in Misery. Pedro and Schilling in 5 games is scary but would be a good mathup with Santana and Radke but the Red Sox have better hitting. But just like the Cubs, the Sox always find a way to choke. About the Birds in Misery, you can't count on them getting to the series. Every year it seems like a team "destined" to the series gets beat. I can see a team like the MArlins or even the Dodgers given the cards all they can handle come NLCS. Twins in the series would sweet indeed.......

American League has home field advantage in the World Series. The Metrodome has never failed the Twins in the World Series. That would mean Radke and Santana pitching two games at the dome. I'd like they chances at a sardine-can packed Metrodome against anyone. They've got to get there first.

Piker, you make some good points. The domefield advantage could give us the extra edge we need, if we get there.

Radke and Santana will get 4 or 5 starts in a 7 game series. The Twins make the plays in the field and we have a solid pen. If we can get a couple of key hits we're golden. I suppose we'll have to find some at bats for Mr Tiffee.

Was this evenings ballgame a hoot, or what!

Santana is getting hotter by the game and with the run support he has been getting from these boys of summer, he is a giant killer! GO TWINS!!!!

It's amazing how good Santana has gotten! Do you guys remember when he was a releiver? He kept saying I want to start and we kept bouncing him between the bullpen and an occasional start. Johan must have known something eh?! Did Morneau cool off or what?

Did'nt look like there was anything wrong with Silvas stuff tonight!

He kept everything on the ground and for the most part, the infield performed a ballet! (Except for that deal in the ninth...that was all planned before hand, for a little comic relief.)