• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck or can give any tips for fishing on Coon Lake. We are into Northerns and Bass however we have limited experience on this water. Thanks.

WS

Whopper,

I've caught bass or northerns everywhere imaginable in this lake at one time or another. Here's a general rulle of thumb that I've used there. If you want quantity, fish the eastern basin. If you want quality, probe the weedy western basin.

Honestly, there are no "secret" spots (OK, there's one) or "secret" techniques on Coon. Just get out there and start going. Hey, learning a lake yourself is part of the fun of fishing, right?

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Thanks for the response. Yes learning a lake is a big part of the experience. We usually try and fish a particular body of water a few times to get a feel for the lake. I never turn down a tip and the one you give is a good one........."Just get out there and start going"

I'm game! Thanks again!

WS

WS,
For northerns and bass go to the west basin (southwestern end). Use a #4 red/white Mepps spinner.(ones w/out tail) You should be happy with the results.

[This message has been edited by Chris-Neises (edited 06-08-2004).]