• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was shore fishing Rush last week and to my surprise along with big Sunnies, Crappies, Bass, I caught a few large golden shiners. I have fished this lake alot and this was a first.

Anyone else caught any of them on Rush?

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

Ya I love catchin those sheephead and so do my kids!

5-6" inch Shiners. MJ5 was with he said he seen them caught other places. I have heard of it in rivers but not lakes. Next time I'll get pics.

------------------

Brian Rogers

The shinners are fairly common. Go to the goose lake bridge and look in the water, you will see large schools of them. I believe they will need a current near by though.

These were in about as slack of water you can find on Rush.

Paul. I was thinking the same thing! grin.gif

------------------

Brian Rogers

Brian,

I've caught quite a few shiners ice fishing East Rush over the years. Late ice in the weeds seemed to be the most common scenario.

I think any lake that has some water movement has golden shiners. Goose and Pokegama have a bunch. Plus the Chisago Lakes all have large populations of shiners.

The lakes that don't seem to have noticable populations are the deep, clear, landlocked lakes. I don't think I've ever caught one in White Bear Lake for example. Doesn't mean they are not in there, just probably not as many.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy