• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was fishing for bluegills on West Rush last Saturday in 10 ft of water or less.
The water was very murky, which surprised me, it is usually pretty clear in the winter.
I fished in two different bays and it was the same. Anyone else notice this? Any theories? Caught a few keeper gills, nothing spectacular.

There was a hatch of tiny red grubs at the bottom of the lake...many with the cameras watched as they raised up in clouds...think its over now, but went on for about a week!

That is fascinating. How big were the grubs? I imagine the panfish went nuts over them.

I noticed the same thing on elk lake in zimmerman. The water was fairly clear until about 3 days ago and all of a sudden there was murky water and no fish biting anything. Could these grubs be the cause of this lake also?