• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know where and if there is a good crappie bite going on south center? I have seen a lot of houses but I have never fished it. Does anyone have any advice on where to catch daytime and evening crappies? what bait is working? thanks for any advice as I will be making the trip this weekend. Good Luck on the ice!

I have had my best luck on crappies this year with the old standby...a green glow, glow demon teardrop with the smallest crappie minnow in the bucket....small bobber or no bobber at all. Be sure to hold the glow demon up to the lantern before you slide it down the hole...hmmm, just like candy for those papermouths.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

I fish right by pankcake island. Never actually been skunked out there. This year seems like the fish are bigger for some reason. I am not complaining, makes for better fishing. been out there 4 weeks in a row and have caught my limit each time. Useing a Glow in the dark Teardrop with wax worms up until about 3pm after that I switch to one line with waxie and other with minnow. Then will switch to both minnow. Good luck. I am the black 1990 F-150 out there blue clam 5600. Stop by say hi names chris.

Thanks guys for the help. Just curious about what depth you guys fish in. I have a vexlar but I was still wondering in which depths you guys have the best luck. Also, I didnt think there were any large islands on the lake. Where is pancake island? thanks! Good luck on the ice!

I was told by the local bait shop that the crappies & walleyes are biting on the end of sunset point. So I went out there in 10' water as they said and nothing at all. Threw the box at 'em. Nothing.

I don't recommend there...!

Well thats not encouraging news. Is that the long point that has reeds around it? anybody else have any places not to fish? or a for sure place for the crappies? Thanks
GOOD LUCK ON THE ICE!!!

I'd be careful trusting the bait shops for any real info. Even Frankies can steer you the wrong way. Their info is only as good as their source. I live in St. Paul and no matter what bait shop you go to it's the same lakes year after year. Someone always brings in a bucket of 2 pounders from Silver, they're always baiting off bellaire beach and bald eagle is always good. They're programed to tell you these same lakes because they don't really want you to fish where they are! I don't blame 'em. I'm pretty hush hush when I'm on a good bite. I have heard of a few good bites around the Center City area though, from trusted sources. I won't disclose them until I've checked them out for myself, a few times.
Good luck.