• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

unclejake

What's the latest Ice report? I called Frankies yesterday afternoon and was told there were guys out on South Center and the backside of Green. It's gotta be making some ice at night. And I still havn't seen the real warm temps they were talking about.
Thanks guys...I'll let you know when I get out.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

was on green on sunday,open water 100yrs from access,unless you know someone who lives on the lake,i dont know how you would be able to get to the back bays

unclejake

My friend took a tour around some of the lakes this morning. He said there were a couple guys in the chisago lake channel...and a few houses out by the island on south center. He also checked Forest Lake...but no one was around there. Just wanted to let you guys know.

platow

today there was one lone portable out on the north side of forest lake mabye 100 yards from shore.

protiller

In the bays (Chisago, Green, So. Center) there's anywhere from 2-4". Haven't ventured out on the main lake.

unclejake

Thanks gentlemen...I would guess we'll have some detailed ice reports after this weekend.
Good luck if you get out.

------------------

platow

kingkid went to the river back water yesterday caught 7 crappies 2 over 13" the ice was about 4". I dont think that they are in there full force yet but when they are it can be awesome. going back out tonight to a little lake up north hope to catch a few more slabs..hooked on crappies.

eyeballs

Went out to a few lakes in the chisago area today and found pretty good ice on S. Center in the back bays on the north side 4+in. and hit a smaller lake that had 4 1/2 to 5 1/2. The crappies were going pretty good today when you found them, but S. Center the crappies were fairly shallow and the other lake they were in the deepest part of the lake. All in all I got my first fish dinner of the ice fishing season. Chisago Channel, Green, Little Green, Little Sunrise, N. Center, S. Center, Clear, Peltier, and Bald Eagle all had people on them today. Hope this wheather tommorow doesn't affect the ice to much. Rain Rain go away, let snow instead today.

unclejake

People are out on Forest Lake. Ice is about 4". They are in the narrows between 2-3 lakes...also to the west of willow point...and east of willow point in the hole. Many guys in the chisago channel as well. Few guys on little comfort lake.

unclejake

Forgot to ask...anyone out on Sunrise Lake yet? (The one you pay to go out on). Thanks.

elusivecrappiecatcher

Was out on south center sat. I want to tell everyone to be careful! the ice even though it looks good is still kinda sketchy in spots. There was 5 inches where we were fishing by pancake island. Fishing was pretty good as well.

eyeballs

Just got back from Chisago channel and did okay. Five keeper crappie and a eater walleye. Lots of people out there, but seemed a little slow compared to what everyone has been saying.

About 3-5 inches of ice on the channel between Chisago and South Lindstrom. Ice is solid across and you can roam around the channel all over. A lot of crappies and gills in there but you have to search for the larger ones. Some bass as well.

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

Powerstroke

Anybody heard anything about Sunrise Lake?

unclejake

I havn't heard anything on Sunrise yet. I'll probably check it out this weekend. How about the So. Linstrom Beach...has anyone been fishing that? Last weekend, I did not see anyone out there...just guys in the channel. Channel was decent for me on Sunday afternoon. Few small crappies, two nice bass, and two 15" walleyes around 4:30pm in 16.5 f.o.w.
Thanks.

------------------

DoctorB

To correct/update one of the above posts, toward the Chisago end of the channel there has not been three to five inches of ice. It has been more like 1.5 to maybe 2 inches in a lot of areas I have been on thru yesterday. Of course we are getting some colder weather now, but there is certainly not an "all clear" for the channel yet.

Seven

I was wondering about the ice conditions on Green Lake, (Chisago). I was on Little Elk last weekend and there was just about 6 inches of ice. Wondering if people are venturing out to deeper water?