• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fish Grindstone this Time of year?

I was wondering if anyone ever fishes grindstone this time of year? Any ideass or advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

My family has a cabin at a nearby lake, so we have fished it in the past, but not for quite a few years. It is such a deep lake (140 ft) with severe drop offs, that we had little luck with anything except Northerns on Shad Raps and plugs. My brother pulled a 26 lb. northern out of here though... I've been thinking of trying it again this fall, so let us know how it goes if you get out there. Just 5 miles away is Pine and Big Pine lakes off of highway 18 and the bass and crappie bite have picked up and been very good there this year, particularly lately. Always been a good walleye lake, but they have been fairly elusive over the past few years.

J.

Thanks for the info Jaypo. I was just wondering how people do on this lake. I saw that the DNR stocks it heavily with lake, brown, and rainbow trout. Thought it might be fun to fish in a hunrded plus feet for lakers that is within an hour drive of White Bear Lake.