• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

rickmp

anyone know what the ice conditions are in the chisago area? (Chisago and South center lakes)

Deitz Dittrich

I went out on Sunday, VERY STUPID OF ME!...I made it out on the ice in the morning...but did not make it off the ice without getting VERY wet!

Its not worth it, wax the boat and get it ready!

rickmp

Well, that's actually what I was looking to hear. I'm done ice fishing, just trying to find out ice conditions so I can get up there and cast a little. I think my casting arm is out of shape from the winter!

Pig_sticka

hows the ice on the smaller lakes in the area?
exude let me know if you want a partner to fish a day this spring near chisago smile.gif

Deitz Dittrich

Pig-

As of MONDAY I know of no lake in the Chisago area that is clear of ice. They are very near, I would say with the air temps and the wind they are predicting for wed/thurs/fri that most of the lakes could be clear by the weekend.

Confort usually opens first and it already has a lot of water open, Clear in Forest Lake is open already.. South Center is always last to open.

Pig-if the back of my boat is open, I'll shoot you an email!

rickmp

Great info exude, incidentally, why is s. center always last to open, just it's location, or depth, or size??? You think I'll be able to do some shore fishing on it this weekend. Would like to take the kids up there for a while. They're getting tired of casting off my deck into the backyard!

Deitz Dittrich

RickMP-

South Center is the deepest of all the chisago area lakes by quite a bit. I dont think any of the other lakes have even a 40 foot hole but I could be right. I have seen maps of South Center that say it has a 100 foot deep hole... I live on the lake and the deepest I have ever seen on my locator is 92 feet... Thats still deep enough to hold its ice longer than most.

If I needed to get out shore fishing I would try the narrows at the boat access on Chisago. or I know they do best near that bridge on NORTH LINDSTROM lake. I think its off County road 20 at the lights in Lindstrom. I would be willing to bet that the ice will go in the next couple of days.. as of Tuesday morning its still holding strong

rickmp

Thanks Exude. My wifes family owns a cabin on the lake, so I'm there most weekends during the summer, but I've only lived here for a year, so it's still new to me. I'm probably gonna take the kids up there this weekend, see if we can hit a few crappies or some perch by our boathouse. If you're out there this weekend, and see some folks by a yellow boathouse, stop by and say hello. Thanks for all the info you've provided me. And good fishing. P.S. I liked the articles you wrote on your site. Very informative, and written so anyone could understand them.

Deitz Dittrich

RickMP-

Thanks for the compliment, your too kind! I fish on South Center quite often, I live 3 houses down from the boat landing. I will be fishing this sunday, but not sure where yet... I'm sure I will see you sometime out there. I have a White TRITON bass boat with a johnson.. If you see me wave me down! Would love to meet up with you!

rickmp

Exude,
I'll keep an eye out for you're boat this year. We're straight back from the deep hole, on the south side of the lake. At the base of the long point. Can't miss the yellow boathouse on the lake. I'll wave you over if I see your boat. Good luck sunday, wherever you end up!

Deitz Dittrich

Thanks---You also!

I'm sure we will meet up some time this summer...

you must be over somewere kind of near Chi-SI-SAGA or whatever its called. park then

Deitz Dittrich

RickMP
I hope you get this... I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.. But that ice held strong to yesturdays heat and wind on South Center. If your comming up to fish it, I would say you will not get a boat out there.. Chisago still had ice too..

Coon lake ice went out.. Thats a short drive from where you are!

rickmp

Well, thanks for the info again Exude. I'm probably not launching the boat though, was just gonna throw the lines in from shore with the kids. I'll probably go up to S. Center and start the spring clean up around the yard, and then just take the kids to one of the small lakes around the cities that the dnr stocks with panfish. Either way, I'm probably gonna go up there at some point this weekend.

SPIN DRY

Rick try down behind the Dinnerbell on South Lindstrom. By the beach, they have a couple of fishing piers.