• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

How is the croppy bite???? Is anyone out there doing any good? I am hoping to get out tomorrow sometime and was hoping to see a good report but nobody seems to be catching any crops anywhere. If I don't see any good reports I'll probably just go to Rush and try it. Thanx!

mistermom

Hey Aftecrops!
I don't know how good it is or isn't; but there is a picture in last weeks outdoor news of a guy who caught a 17 1/2" 3 lb 5 oz crappie in Goose Lake near Harris. It was good for him! Good luck!

mm

Mistermom, did it say when he caught it or any other details? I'll have to try to find that issue and check it out. Moby Crop! I assume he had it mounted.

mistermom

Hey Aftacrops!
Not much for details. Just a picture, the guys name, and the fish stats. I've seen some bigger crappies come out of Goose but that has anything I've even heard of just smoked. Gets me fired up for ice-out fishing on North Goose and the south bay.

I'm from the Stark area and went to school in Cambridge. I still know a few of the folks around the area. Might even know you. My name is Joel Ellingson. I live in Robbinsdale now; but still get back home often. Later.

mm

[This message has been edited by mistermom (edited 02-22-2003).]

Mistermom, thanx for the reply. I've never ice fished Goose but might have to try it now. I went to school in Coon Rapids(class of '70) and now live in Oak Grove which is south of St. Francis so I don't think we know each other. My name is Ron Hanson.

I did not go to Rush yesterday but saw a good report on Bald Eagle in the metro section and fished it from 6-10pm and got around 20 crops. I kept 10 nice ones (8-10") and had a blast. They bit on waxies at first but then would only go for minnows after 8pm. Anyone do any good on Rush?

I was told by a reliable source that the 3+ came from neander lake a small land locked lake that is very near goose.

mistermom

Hey EYE-EXIST!
I heard the same thing today from a good buddy of mine Mike C who lives right near Neander. Mike's Dad's property butts up to Neander... I may have to investigate further.

mm

No I probably don't know you Ron. Goose is a good ice-out lake for crappies on the south end and the north lake. Maybe I'll see you out there in April

[This message has been edited by mistermom (edited 02-23-2003).]

shadrapla

i wonder how you get to neander lake i did look up my lake map it does not include in my book so i wonder you can get there accese? i may going there this friday

[This message has been edited by shadrapla (edited 02-26-2003).]

mistermom

There is no access. You have to know somebody who owns property or maybe walk up the creek (I have no idea how safe that would be). Neander is about two miles east of Goose.

mm

river-rat4

Here it goes, I talked to the Steve C., who is the neighbor of "THE KID" that caught a 3lb 5oz crappie on Goose lake. He brought it into the sport spot in Cambridge and weighed it and thought that he had broken the state record- Apparently sport spot had an outdated record and the current record is 3lbs 15oz(white Crappie) out of Lake Constance, in Wright county. I consider the source reliable but, it is also "from the neighbor of the kid who caught it."

Good luck in the search of "Willard" the illusive 7 lb crappie* wink.gif* -RR4

mistermom

What we have here folks are two fish from two lakes. Goose is the only one of the two that has a public access on North Goose. You are better off paying to get on on the NE corner of the main lake. A farmer there has a paybox there.

Neander is only accessible if you know somebody who owns property around it.

mm

fisherman69

That 3 pounder on Neander is not a rumor. I was at fish lake bait and tackle 5 minutes after it was brought in to be weighed it was 17.5 inches. I am not sure how to get on Neander but if anyone finds out please let me know id like to get on there some afternon. I live in North Branch so it is pretty close.What a beautiful fish. I went up to Red the last 2 weekends and caught many 13-14 inchers so i can imagine pulling up a fish like that what a rush.

fisherman69

That 3 pounder on Neander is not a rumor. I was at fish lake bait and tackle 5 minutes after it was brought in to be weighed it was 17.5 inches. I am not sure how to get on Neander but if anyone finds out please let me know id like to get on there some afternon. I live in North Branch so it is pretty close.What a beautiful fish. I went up to Red the last 2 weekends and caught many 13-24 inchers so i can imagine pulling up a fish like that what a rush.

anyways....................................................How is the Croppy bite??? Any new reports?