• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

fisherman69

Was on Pokegama today 8am-3pm. My cousin and I caught our limit of crappies and a few real nice sunfish and a bonus 8lb northern. We had to junt around quite a bit for the crappies but it eventually paid off.

chadly

Hey Fish69. I am planning on being up there on Friday night, Sat morning and Sunday morning. Are you going to be on the lake. Maybe you could drill some extra holes for me. I also like it when someone baits my hook and takes my fish off. Lake still have lots of good ice to scoot around with the Polaris.

How can I recognize ya if im on the lake.

If you could spraypaint some big arrows that say fish here that would be awesome.

fisherman69

Chadly,
I not sure yet if I will be out this weekend. Me and one of my buddies might take a Mille Lacs run but not for sure yet. I have a little two man permanent out by the island dont hve the big one out yet because I dont think the four wheeler will pull it. You are welcome to use it if Im not out. Its just a little blue 4x8. It is big enough for two but thats about it. The heater in it doesnt work ar this time so bring the sunflower. We only caught a few crappies out of it yesterday but we got out and drilled holes and found the fish with the vexilar.Pretty much just used the house to warm up and put the rattle reels down for some northerns. The house isnt locked but you have to pull hard in the lock mechnism to get it open. The name on the house is Kaleb Schloer(my brother) but you can barely read it, but its two over from the huge red 8x16. The ice is awesome 13" trucks were out there yesterday but I am not driving out qiute yet because I know the lake too well. There are bad spots but if you had a car you could safely drive that out. Good luck.

Travis

fisherman69

yes your right. If you drive out and you want to go to the island youll have to go on the north access which is take the second pine city exit go left about 4-5 miles till you cross the river take the first left after the river toull come to a t go left like your going into the trailer park and itll be on your right by the closed down supper club.

Drive if you want, that's up to you. But, I wouldn't challenge the ice heave that bisects the lake with a vehicle. Just a word to the wise.

Two of us fished Pokegema today from 11am-3pm and did not even have a bite. We were south of island in 10-17' of water. There were lots of people moving about with vehicles, maybe thats what spooked the fish. We marked fish, but they would not bite. Did anyone else do any good?

fisherman69

aftecrops,
I was out Sat. evening on the south side of the island and did ok. My perm is in 17' of water and we caught 14 keepers and threw about 15 smaller ones back. I think tonight is going to br really good with this warm front approaching. I fished cross lake which is on the other side of Pine City Suunday night and we also did ok there. We kept 10 nice ones and released probably 15 5-6-7-8 inchers. We drove on both lakes with a full size truck 13-14" of ice is plenty for me.

Swill

Fished Pokegama Sunday 11-5 and did really bad. I moved around a ton and tried to graph anything but nothing was there. Caught small perch and 2 crappies.
Fished the se and sw of the island. Also tried a spot nw of the island about 100 yards from all the permanents and it was slow. Where do all those crappies go during the day? I could not find anything and usually I can locate some panfish.

The northerns were setting off tip ups left and right north of this ice house with "the G spot" on the north side of it. Kinda weird but ohh well.

Any tips for this lake? How about that break on the east side of the lake just north of the ice ridge? Any good sunfish spots? Just trying to get pointed in the right direction...Thanks..Swill

F69...How late Sat. night did you catch those crops? I'm going out there again tommorow and this time I'll bring my lantern!! Big Tanks!!!

chadly

Hey Fish69,

Thanks for the offer fo the house. I got lazy once I got up North and fished Cross since I could leave from the Cabin with the ATV. I fished Friday Night and Sunday morning but couldn't find the crappies.

I like to stay away from other larg groups when fishing so I thought I would try a few spots away fromt the crowd. Punched about 12 holes from 8 - 20 feet by Norway point and 10 holes on the NE side of the island in 6 - 19 feet. Only found perch.

I'm still guna try to get to Pokegema sometime soon.

I'll be heading out to Chisago tonight hopefully to catch some paper mouths.

fisherman69

Swill,
I got some descent croppies out of my house on the south side of the island last week when I was out. Only got 4 but they were really nice but thats the same day I limited out on crappies. It seems like they're biting better at mid morning other wise Ill have to talk to some buddies and see if they are getting any sunnies anywhere else on the lake.

I've done a lot of warm weather fishing on Pokegema but don't have much ice experience. Has anyone found the big crappies(12oz+)yet? I usually find them in 13+ ft. in the summer around the island. Is this still the place to try? And what about those big fat slab sunnies? Where are they hiding? Has anyone tried the deep hole off tuxedo point? I've always thought that might be a good spot to try. And last but not least...can I drive out?

esox

We've always had good luck close to the springs south of the island

fisherman69

Where did all the fish go. Just completely shut down out there. Was out from 1-6 and only got one real nice perch(11in). I have never seen so many houses out there. Maybe its because the ice is so bad further south. Hopefully theyll pull some off after it gets better. I think the weekend pressure is too much.

fisherman69

By the way everyone is driving out now. They are even crossing the crack but Ill give that a little bit yet. I ve been driving out from the north access.

hip_hop_fisherman

Fished Pokegama today for awhile (3-4 hours) and not even a bite. I'm going to try Cross Lake again tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

hip_hop_fisherman

When I've had my luck this year on cross I've been fishing in about 15' of water and about 1 1/2-2ft off the bottom. When the crappies have been biting for me they've been constant or not at all.

fisherman69

Where did the fish go.I was up three times last week and only got a couple each time. Moved my house twice and still nothing. So i thought I d give cross lake a try and moved my house there. Still only a few fish. Any one been out and got anything?

fisherman69

hip-hop
Where did u find 15. I have searched the lake over and everything i find is in the 20's

hip_hop_fisherman

The spot I've been fishing is just off the sunken island. If you know where the island is, its about 6ft of water, head towards the shoreline and fish houses more on the west shore of the lake. it varies from 27' being the deepest I marked to 10' at the shallowest. try to find 15' of water and pull your line up about a 1 1/2 or 2'. Hope you know where the island is because I can't really explain it without a map!!!