• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

I just returned from the public access and spoke to three different parties coming off the lake. They report a consistent 6 inches of ice in front of Cigar Island and alot of ATV traffic, all over the lake. Action was slow but, the coming warm front should change that(I told Rush Point Store, on the way back, to get the bait ready!)

Caught five eyes and lost another, not so bad for the first time out! Best luck was from 3:30 - 5:30 P.M. Eight to nine inches of ice.

walleye29us

hi rushpointer,,,,would you tell me where to fish on west rush...and how to get there from 35E and rush lake exit....much appreciated..........keep catching those eyes.good luck and thx .....

Take the Rush City exit, at the top of the ramp take a right and then the next right(across from the grocery store, a signs says Rush Point -> ) Go 1/2 mile to a 'T' and take a right and in about 8 miles you will come to Rush Point. Take a right there on #4 and the access is about 3 miles up the road. At the access you'll see three Islands, one to the left with numerous cabins on it, another straight out which is uninhabited and is called Cigar and another to the right of that called Braham(one cabin on it) My house is the green one parked off the north end with a 'RushPointer' sign on the door. I'm at twenty feet, fishing 3 inches off the bottom with gold hooks and fat heads.

walleye29us

hi rushpointer,,, thank you very much for the information,i really appreciate it....i will be out there tomorrow to give it a try.....good luck to you now,,,and thx again !!!!! walleye29us

Not a problem, I plan to be down there around 3:00 or so, stop in!

walleye29us

ok rushpointer,,maybe ill do that,,,good luck

Hey Walleye29us, just a note, the Rush point Store/bait shop closes at 3:00 on Sundays, they're open until 7:00 the rest of the week.

walleye29us

thx,rush,,,,,,,your full of good info....see ya out there !!

Again, no problem, If you take the Harris exit, just north of North Branch, there's an awesome bait shop, take a right at the top of the ramp and it's just a quarter mile down the road on the right(a big pole barn) he supplies alot of other places and always has the best prices and the largest selection of tackle around.......... GOOD LUCK!

walleye29us

thx,again Rush

workingfisherman

be aware;lots of people are out on rush,I was
fishing my walleye hole sat night.It was like
a small city and people were comming out AT
prime time to drill holes run back and forth
on 4 wheelers to there trucks,spinning
around,trying to bank there house(i.e.with
alum.shovels all this was from 4 to 5:30 pm
can you guess how many walleye we got?

EX-rusher

Hi RushPointer
Just wonndering. I used to fish rush alot
been a while since i put a house out.
Fished a little last year on west rush
lots of fishing act. How safe is it to
to keephouse out there. Any problems with
break ins.
Might try portable today.
Thanks for any info.
The DDawg PineCity

I was broken into once, actually several houses were during a snowstorm by someone on a snowmobile when everyone was home riding out the storm. Since then I don't leave anything of value in my house. I tend to stay away from the more popular areas and fish were there is less traffic and noise so my house is always a prime target. I've not had any trouble for some time though, 10 years or more. It is a fun lake to fish and I'm always running into great folks out there.

Thanks RushPointer
Good to hear not to many problems just might try the big shack out ther thi year.
PS still thinking of trying
this afternoon for some eyes.
The DDawg

I just finished a walleye dinner! Got three more eyes tonight. It was pretty quiet out there, last night it was a very busy place, I think everyone was excited about having good ice this early. I'll head out again in a couple of days.

I just finished a walleye dinner! Caught three more eyes tonight. It was very quiet out there, compared to yesterday. I think everyone was pretty excited about the early good ice and really turned out on Saturday with it being such a nice day and all.

walleye29us

fished yesterday from 3-9,,,..caught 3 perch and 1 11 inch eye...

walleye29us

hey,rushpointer,,,,,,,how did u do tonight ?

------------------

I pulled the house off tonight to wait until it cools off again, two other parties were pulling theirs off also, man this weather! When the extended forecast looks acceptable again I'll take it back out, maybe Sunday but, it would be nice to have some snow to bank it with, where's winter???????

Well they say a good cold front will start again sometime next week with highs only in the teens and lows below zero at night, I hope they're right, might even get some snow too! I've found the best walleye fishing on Rush is always Christmas through about the second week of January so there's still hope!

seekingwalleye

Anybody that went out tonight do any good? I went out for the first time on Rush tonight and just went to about 25 ft out near those other houses from the landing. Graphed fish from the moment I got there but finally landed my first fish at 7:00 pm...which was a small crappie...I couldn't get nothin I saw to bite...any tips for that lake on what to use and where to go?...and I was hopin to catch some walleye too...any help would be much appreciated...Thanks!

Hey guys I am not real familar with Rush lake and even though someone has already given directions I would like to know how far from the Twin Cities is this lake. It sounds like a good lake and would like to get my 6 year old out for a while in the portable. Any info or advice on where to fish it would be greatly appreciated and just to let you know everything I catch is released!!

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Fishin

Rush is about an hour north of the cities, it is a great lake, but does recieve a ton of fishing pressure in the winter!

It's been said you can't put an auger on the ice without cutting somones toes off! LOL

It's not that bad, but it does recieve alot of pressure!
Bring your kids out Saturday am for the FM get together!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com