• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Swill

Hello and fishing info on Chisago Lakes area...

Swill

Hello Everyone,
Just found this sweet site so I am pumped to share and learn more about my favorite activity....pulling panskies out of the frozen hardwater.

So has anyone been out on fishing on any of the Chisago Lakes? How about Bald Eagle?

Alphid

Swill,
On the Metro forum, it was reported that Bald Eagle is still open (at least some parts).
Welcome to the FMN!
I am also thinking of heading out that way for some fishing. Not sure what lake yet.

elusivecrappiecatcher

i live by bald eagle i wound't advise going out there doesn't look safe at all. But with this cold weather it won't be long.

Swill,

Welcome.

I would not advise Bald Eagle or White Bear for another 5 or 6 days. Like everyone else said, they pretty much just froze. We'd like you to be around in the future to offer your fishing insights to us.

The Chisago Lakes do have some close to shore areas and channels that should be fishable by this weekend (sounds like some areas are good-to-go already).

[This message has been edited by Bornofice (edited 12-04-2002).]

Deitz Dittrich

Swill, I heard that bald eagle was also not safe.. but have not seen it for myself...

I know all the lakes in the Chisago lakes area are RISKY.. yes there are a few people going out.. So far the only place I would even think about going would be the channel of chisago.. many pople have been there already!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• BrianF
      Down to 38 in Wake Em Up Narrows this afternoon...when we pulled the plug early in favor of sanity.  Did manage a 27.75”er this morning among a couple of others for our Herculean efforts. ha
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      That be cool to see
    • monstermoose78
      I caught a skinny 33 inch walleye out of red lake back during the crappie boom. I will get the photo as it hit a big airplane jig. I want to get a pike jigging.
    • bassbouncer
      City of Virginia is mandating conversions from steam to gas so all the contractors in town are swamped. Couple more local options Martys heating Malmstrom  
    • fishingstar
      new price 360
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      That makes sense.......I think eventually upper red could turn out some 10lb fish. I pretty much figured this was a joke.
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      Kelly come on....I live by the Iowa Great Lakes.......and can say the exact same thing you posted. While people may not directly make money from them....money is being spent and brought into the county which was not generated in the county helping the county and people in the county.    I get the "trash issue " no matter what is done people will litter. It will never stop. It needs to be managed, the situation isn't unquie to Upper Red, it's just not managed at upper red like it should be. 
    • kelly-p
      What you are forgetting about is that a very, very small percentage of the people living in Beltrami County make any money from the fishermen on URL. Many of the people making money off the fishermen on URL do not even live in Beltrami County. But ALL residents of Beltrami County have to pay to clean up the garbage left by the fishermen. If a person owns property on the shore of URL how do you suppose they feel about having to continually be picking garbage up off from the beach? If a person lives 10 miles from URL how do you suppose they feel about having to pick up the garbage from the highway ditch in front of their home?
    • kelly-p
      I never go to the south shore so I'm definitely not an expert but I think this is some type of "contest" where you draw a piece of paper out of a bowl or something like that and the "weight" of your "fish" is written on the paper. A few years back there were Illegal northerns listed in one of JR's "contests" and the CO's looked into it and found that it was just some type drawing.
    • leech~~
      The problem is they still need some ballast water on the Great lakes "When the winds of November come early..........."  😉