• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fishing Junky

Sturgeon and Island Lake

Fishing Junky

Hey guys. Just wondering about fishing these two lakes for Walleye. Anyone fish them and could give me some hindsight on them? Would appreciate it very much. Thanks, Junk.....

Junk,

I wish I had some information on Sturgeon, but all I can tell you is it's a good bass lake in the summer. That's the only time I've fished it. From the DNR survey, it looks as if there are decent numbers of walleye.

Can anyone lend a hand here?

Z-boy

Does anyone have any ice updates for these lakes

Thanks Z

fisher13

does anybody have any ice updates for island lake or any other area lakes? also is anybody catching any fish?thanks
fisher13

fugarwe?

Hit both lakes this past weekend (12/21-12/22). About 12" of ice on both lakes, they're starting to drive.....but not me! Did poorly on Sturgeon Lake (1 perch). We went in at 7PM and stopped to talk to a local on the way out and he said that's when the bite starts! OH WELL! Fished Island Sunday morning and caught 2 little walleyes and 5 or 6 small perch. Fished near the public access on both lakes.

I fished Island on monday morning. we caught one little walleye and a bunch of little perch. we fished right near the public access. there was a good 14" of ice. we drove out a little ways from the access but did not go far. I would appreciate any more reports or tips for Island.

setterguy

We have a cabin in Willow River, and my dad just called with a report from up there. Guys have been hitting the eyes on Sturgeon in the morning, wish I knew where and in what depth but thats all I got. He is trying to nail down a couple spots and I am going to head up there with him on Thursday. I'll let you know how we do.

setterguy

Was out on Sturgeon yesterday, tough day on the ice. First off we were in the wrong spot on the lake, and didn't know until the sun came up. After we saw where we were supposed to be and moved it was about 8am. After that we got two small pike and three nice walleye strikes but none on the ice. Going to try and get out this weekend at least one day. Good luck.

Are ther any slabs in sturgeon?when i was kid we ues to get them in there.lots of eyes too. my grand parents had cabin there.I was just wondering want to give it a shoot.

setterguy

Well we were out on Sturgeon this past weekend, with mild success. Thurs. night caught two nice eyes, one was 19 one was 15 1/2, missing a couple more. Friday Morning caught two more and one pike. Perch came in thick around 9am. Overall it was a good weekend, ecspecially in the Red Oak Fri. night! Night bite was definetley better! Fishing just west of the "island" straight out from the access.

[This message has been edited by setterguy (edited 01-20-2003).]

Been hearing of people catching nice walleyes and northerns on Sturgeon right in front of YMCA camp Miller. As for Island the crappie bite has been extremely slow.