• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

First a repot: Headed up to West Rush yesterday, a few fish were beig caught. Most of what I saw, and caught were the 3 to a pounders, with a few 10s here and there.

Now the main part of the post. There were a group of 5 ..... well I don't even know what to call them. Sitting on the road between the two channels in the park. Truck parked right in the middle of the road. Swilling beer, and passing a bottle back and forth. Every sentence uttered had to have at least one F**k this or F**kin that. It didn't matter to them that the were several women fishing on either side of them.

Several racial comments were made.. just loud enough so the Mung fisher people down the shore could here them. Women, kids, didn't matter to these He-Men, they just kept on and on, with conversations about their wifes floppy t#ts, etc. etc. etc.

My point is, the parks and waters of this state are there to be enjoyed by all, and if you can't seem to conduct yourselves with a modicum of decorum, sit your hind end down in front of the tube and watch more Cops episodes, you'll most likely even get a glimpse of a family member!

Made me embarassed to be a white american male.

Thomas

Hello Labrat, I think I observed the same group; some people for various reasons are not civilized. Lets not let the few rune it for the majority. All people, whatever their race, beliefs, sex in MN are privilege to be allowed to enjoy the outdoors. A privilege that each person pays to maintain - in the form of taxes and license. Over all I find that majority of fishing people are decent folks. Unfortunately those people were not good example of American White Male.

Not Mong, but adapted from Korea

fishfearme

Its a shame there are people like that, but if you don't like their actions MOVE. You or the women weren't being forced to fish by them. It is 2002 i've heard plenty of women that can swear like drunken sailors. That park is big enough for everyone. Those men have every right to act like rednecks if they want, that doesn't mean you have to be their friend. You should go to church and pray for those rednecks. Sounds like they need saving.

If they were under the influence, they do NOT have every "right" to act that way, or any other way -- there are laws against public inebriation. Someone should have called the police.

Incidentally, these situations are potentially too explosive and dangerous to try to handle without police. Don't try to be a citizen hero.

eyeballs

Labrat,
I to was there yesterday, from 9am to 6pm and the fishing was almost dead. I did managege to get two big crappies and oone of those slipped out of the bottom of the basket. So I had one nice crappie and some sunnies that I decided to release. I think almost all were caught before noon. After that I think I went a couple hours without a bite.
As for the goups of rude and crude people, which ones where you talking about? I saw three or four groups that would have fit your description. One of them had a little boy about 4 and MAN!, do I feel sorry for his future! People like that just leave me picking up my jaw!