• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

huskminn

Thanks for the update. It seems like this forum has cooled off a little bit as of late.
I've been wondering if the bite on Rush had improved as of late.

Hope all the excellent contributors are still out there!

Has anybody had any success on the area lakes for crappies lately? I have been fishing East Rush without much success. Did my best about a week ago in 17 feet, ne of the point that comes out from the west shore. Two of us got 12, 10 were caught using the vexilar and jigging a small crappie minnow, the other two under bobbers. All were caught from 5:30-7:00. Since that area slowed,have moved the house several times with limited success. Most I got was three. I have been fishing 1 ft off bottom, I've tried depths anywhere from 15-20 feet.The deeper I got, the slower it was.
I did get a 16inch walleye in 15.5 on 2/12.
I did really well for crappies on East Rush the last two winters but this year has been real tough. I haven't lost confidence in the lake. I feel it's one of the best lakes in Chisago county.

I wish I had a report, but I'm currently working off the effects of a minor sunburn that I acquired in Florida over this past week.

I did talk to a friend of mine that had been on and off crappies on East Rush in 13' of water on the west side about a week ago. I don't know the current status of those fish. But they were there one night and gone the next.

I'll see if can conjure up any reports this week. Cory, you still out there, brother. We (the folks who are not quitting cigs) miss your high quality reports.

huskminn

Sunburn, huh? That's a bad thing to have in the winter when you've got to wear long sleeve shirts.

I wish I had a report, too, but I've been fishing out of the area the last two times. I hope Cory is still around.......

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Everyone!

I wish I had something to report to you, but work has kept me busy lately! I'll sneak out soon and give you a report! Thanks to All for the nice comments!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Assocates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

CorynTracySellHomes

Finally! I have a report! Snuck out the other evening and picked up some really nice crappies and sunnies! Crappies up to a pound, and sunnies up to 3/4 pound! The key was using 2 lb or lighter line and make sure you use a spring bobber! The bites were incredibly light! A bobber would not have even moved! The other key was searching until you found fish, and than not even trying to hook the supended fish, the fish on the bottom would bite, but nohing suspended!
On another note, West Rush has about 18 inces of good ice as of the 19th, they are still driving onto the ice.

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timbelane Homes
(612)801-0809

------------------

Cory,

Amen, brother. Glad to see you back in the saddle. Thank you very much for your report.

Cory;

Have you been over on the East lake at all? If so, how is the ice there, and of course the bite!

Cory, Thanks for the report. I am going to look ya up some day and hope to do some fishing with ya.
CpR

metrojoe

Cory,

I have never been to Rush for the hard water season. Could you recommend a jumping off point? I don't mind doing my fair share of work to find the fish, but I'll be bringing my kids so quantity is better than quality, if you know what I mean.

Any info would be great.
Thanks,
joe

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Everyone!

MetroJoe, If you want to head up here let me know! If you don't want to drive out you can park at my place, we were fishing a couple hunded yards in front of my place so it would be an EZ walk for the kids!

Crappie Hunter!
Let me know when you want to go! I would love to hook up with ya sometime!

As for East Rush....

I haven't been out, the channel between East and West has really opened up,and makes it really tough to get through with a Four Wheeler. (Skipping it on a snowmoble is fun though!) I drove by there this morning and they are still driving on to the lake through Peterson's Resort.

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809

------------------

metrojoe

Hey Cory thanks for the invite. It sounds like the weather is going to cooperate so I'll probably drive out. This, most likely, will be my boys last time out on the ice this year so I may opt to take them to Chisago where I know I can get them on some good panfish action.
I really want to try Rush. I may have to come down with a little cough next week and head up there by myself.

Thanks again,
joe