• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Hello,
I'm finally back from school break. I fished East and West almost everyday since 12/26/01 mostly for walleyes. I caught a lot in the 14" range. I talked to some friends and they had the same results. I did the best in 20+ feet. The crappies have been outstanding on the West Lake. Especially off of Bird (Crane) Island. The crappies were exceptionally large too. I caught a couple better than a 1/2 lb. I also went to Red Lake (huge crappies), Lake of the Woods (not too great for me), and Mille Lacs (awesome). I'll be back on the water this weekend.

Hi All!

I have been lurking here for awhile now, and just registered today. I hopped over from up-north's ice shanty forums.

I have been fishing both East and West Rush for over twenty years now, and like every system it has it's good and bad years.
A good corallary would be these forums, you get your good and bad posts.

Flames to folks for silly stuff like web links, or posting about the big one you released are text we all just scroll by, and consider the source.

I really enjoy the service! Thanks for being here! And as for Cory Frantzick, I suspect he just may belong to the Rush Lakes Improvement Assn. all of whom do much more good in the area, than the whiners that seem to need a whole lake unto themselves.

My post was way back on the 18th. Cory and I have settled our differences.
CpR

I'm on the rag. I quit smoking yesterday. Just frustrated with all the traffic on the lake and no fish. Sorry Cory.

F4F: WARNING: Clintonism forthcomming!
I Feel Your Pain! I can't count the number of times I have tried to quit. Good luck, hope ya make it!

Just got back from East Rush, the Crappies were not where I have found them in the past.
A few smallish Sunfish where all I found ready to nibble. I think there are actually less houses out buy the mud hole this year.
I was suprised by the lack of traffic for a Sat. evening.

There is about 18" of good ice on the East lake, drove out with no problems.

Labrat, day 4 and no smokes. If I make it thru superbowl I think I'll have er whipped.

shadrapla

i wonder is atv still safe on rush lake i planning to going out tomorrow how crappie bite??

Shadrapla,

An ATV will be just fine. Still lots of ice, but also be aware that there's a lot of slush and water on top of the ice which is making it really messy.

Good luck and let us know how you do

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

CorynTracySellHomes

I can confir that the iceis fine, but, as Pwaldow stated use caution especialy near shoreline areas. On a different note I saw a pickup with a trailer and a fourwheeler in the trailer driving around on the ice late Saturday night! That seems a little crazy!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com