• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Here's what I've learned about the area lakes over the past week from word of mouth and first hand observation.

I found pretty good ice, 5" to 7" on the big lakes. ATV travel seemed pretty safe. I also found lots of people. Seems I wasn't the only one chomping at the bit. The fishing was O.K. I found good numbers of somewhat skittish crappies. But in my endless quest to find bigger and more eager fish, I frittered away most of the daytime hours and never returned to the ones I found. The walleye fishing was poor. I only iced one the in 3 days. It was a little over 23", but that barely made up for the amount of time I put into it. But hey, they call it fishing not catching.

I also heard a rumor of a 10lb. walleye out of Rush (East or West) during the week. Did anyone else hear that?

Hey Bornofice, I did not hear anything about Rush - But then again I did not ask! I will do some asking of the local anglers and Sport Shops and let ya know what I hear. My experience on Rush has not been that good. I must be doing something wrong. I only catch small crappies (everytime I have been out there. Fair numbers of them but to small to keep, 5 to 7 inchers. If you know more about this lake let me know.