• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

bmc

A friend and I hunted Big White Oak lake this morning. We only got 1 hen mallard, that was the only shot we had. There were very few ducks flying, but some shooting. Anyways, we get back to the landing and talk to a couple guys who were out scouting. They showed us a hen mallard that someone must have pitched in the weeds and one of their dogs found. The eyes were all sunk in and we weren't sure on how long it had been there. Then my dog goes on a little run and comes back with a widgeon, same area as the hen mallard I guess. We were all very upset by this want and waste. I put my call in to the DNR, granted it'll be impossible to find out who did this. I hope this isn't common practice for this *****(s). I like eating a little duck, but find people to give most of what I shoot too. It's just a shame. This is a popular area for people walking their dog's. Just think what a non-hunting person would think when their dog brings them a duck some ***** shot and left. It just makes me sick!

Brian

bassman222

Indeed it is a shame, and bad for the sport of hunting. Anti-Hunting organizations feed off unexcusable actions like you mentioned. What few bad apples there is out there do a lot to put down a truely great sport, and the sad part is that they don't even know what they are doing.

------------------
cut that sucka'

SCCO9803

If that is the case, discarded game, what a shame is right. Are you sure they might not have been coincidentally shot and just died in the area?

decoy

Wow,
I can't tell you how many gimme shots I pass on Ducks when goose hunitng. I don't eat them... so I don't shoot them. To me it's common sense. Someone else can harvest ducks If they want to.
I like honkers! (... and h**ters) hee hee.

These guys will burn.
decoy

bmc

Well, my buddy's dog found a a green wing teal by the landing today. 3 ducks in 2 days in the same area? I'm 99.999% sure some jerk is out there shooting and dumping them. It's just too much of a coincidence. By the way, my buddy had an awesome shoot this morning. A pair of wood ducks and 4 drake mallards. He was done in an hour. Pretty good for the bluebird day we had and morning temps around 50.

Brian

bmc

Well it looks like these same want and wasters were hunting Big Winnie out of the Tamarack landing yesterday. My buddy and I were up there scouting and found a drake blue bill pitched off to the side of the parking area. It must have been shot that morning as the eyes weren't sunk in at all and still had their color. We only saw 4 geese and 1 drake mallard up there. Lots of wind though too, so maybe the diver's were up on the north shore getting out of the white caps.

Brian