• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Grabs

D-man, Can you confirm or deny

Grabs

D-man, I heard rumor that the middle of the lake may have broken up today,...can you confirm or deny this. Also have you heard of any other problems due to the warmth and the wind today?

On a different note I am looking for a spot to fish where I can hopefully get out and away from the crowds for a little while at least, I access at Weekends. Any help would be great. As of tonight the areas around Andersen's were off limits.

Thanks in advance.

Grabs i cant deny or confirm that report. I would guess someone saw a crack or break open up pretty good. I did just get off the phone with Rocky Reef were i go out of and Patti said the rentals shacks are hot. Not very many perch but the walleyes are biting very good. They are driving out and have 14 inches of ice.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

Twitter

D-Man, Can you tell me how to get to the the Rocky Reef acces ??
I plan on coming up tonight or tomorrow for a few hours and would like to know where they're hitting and I can safely get on and off the lake.(do I need a 4-wheelr or can I drive my truck?)I'm coming from the cities up 169. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Twitter

Grabs

D-man, thanks for the update. Can you give me any idea of what depths they are getting them in? I am having a lot of trouble getting on active fish this year, I seem to be a day late and a dollar short with my every move! Right now my house sits in 14' with gravel, but without access to Andersen's the good structure is very limited out of Week Ends.

Grabs

Twitter Rocky Reef is just north on 169 past the Holiday and Lundeens, I would say maybe a mile up the road. Check out there website for contact information. I am not sure I can post it here, but it is just RockyReef .com

Good Luck, Week Ends is just south of there too, and at both locations you will be able to drive out, but be careful. If you need info about Week Ends, e-mail me ([email protected] or [email protected]) and I can let you know.

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 01-09-2002).]

I flew over the west side of the lake this afternoon. There weren't any open spots on that side. Just the usual pressure cracks. Looked east and couldn't see any open spots that way either........

Grabs

Flyingfish, so is that you I see buzzing over head many afternoons? How far out is the farthest house that you could see. Must be cool seeing the lake and the villiages from a bird's eye view.

There are a lot of people that fly over Mille Lacs. I had three buzz the house on Saturday morning. Two of them landed on the lake. Yesterday was the first time I flew over the lake lower than 3000'.

I was supprized at the lack of houses on the lake. On the West side, Week Ends, Rock Reef, Stocky's, Cozy Cove, and Eddy's all have a pile of houses out closer to shore. Further out there were to sets of guys on 4 wheelers north-west of spirit Island. A guy was about a half mile out from Indian Point, and another was out quite a bit further. There were a handful of guys in Roland's Bay. Mostly walk outs and on pails, but there were a few portables and two atv's. There were a few more in Wigwam Bay. St. Albans Bay up to Garrison had a lot of houses. Portables and a few permanent houses were further out on Garrison Reef.

For the most part, it looked like everyone is still stuck on shorline related structure other than a few people venturing further out. Looking east I don't recall seeing anyone out more than 2 miles or so. There is plenty of untouched structure.......