• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for any info on late summer walleye/smallmouth/northern fishing in Spider Lake. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on Spider Lake Resort or Spider Shores Resort? Are these the only places to stay on Spider? Our family is looking for somewhere to go next summer. Thanks for any info your can give!

Yes, those are the only 2 places on the lake and they are both nice resorts with great owners. You need to call right away because they book up pretty fast.
I used to fish Spider Lake extensively and I still fish it occaisionally. It is a typical northern lake; fairly clear with good weed beds. Walleyes are available and can be good if your timing is good. There are good Smallmouth and Largemouth populations on the shoreline and on deeper points. Muskies and Pike are also in there as well as a better than average sunfish bite. Jigs, live bait rigs and spinnerbaits will get 80 percent of the job done for you. If you want to fish at night, there are some areas that work for that too.

------------------
The Early Bird-Jeff Sundin
Early Bird Fishing Guide Service
Phone: 218-246-2375
North-Central Minnesota
Lakes Country
E-mail: [email protected]

Angler Jake I beleave you have picked one
of the best places to take a family vaction
Spider is a beutiful lake plus has a wide
varity of fish to draw from like Muskey to
Bluegills and both small mouth and large
mouth bass.The Walleyes are very chunky in
this lake if you have children along you
can keep them very occupied fishing along
the weeds at this time of year also if you
have your own boat Spider is surronded by
dozens of lakes to test your skills.

Bill Powell

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your responses and advice. Have a great Christmas season! Jake