• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TUMBLEWEED

N.West Side ST. Albans Bay??

TUMBLEWEED

D-man , Going out with six co-workers.
Renting a shack for the weekend from the
Twin Pines folks. No GPS, I am getting one of those next year for sure. I know what you mean about the ice. We will probably stay
pretty close to the resort's roads if we do venture out.

fish

I was out on wednesday in that area. Ice is extremely spotty. I drilled about 20 holes. I was from 8" to 17". Thats pretty scary. Avoid the pressure ridges as much as you can.

fish

I was out on wednesday in that area. Ice is extremely spotty. I drilled about 20 holes. I was from 8" to 17". Thats pretty scary. Avoid the pressure ridges as much as you can.

TUMBLEWEED

We are headed up to this location this weekend. I've never been to this side of
lake(always stayed down south) We are trying this for the first time. If you ask the resort, they always say the fish are biting.
And many times they ARE!!! However, anybody know this stretch of water..and what we can
expect?? The R/R factor is great, just wanna know if its a can-crappie and bottle-bass
exclusive or not. smile.gifsmile.gif

There is some good rocks and sand in that bay. Will you be in a portable? Do you have a GPS. Not sure what the ice is like there but i could point out some spots if you have a GPS. Be carefull, use caution. D-man

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

TUMBLEWEED

Just got back from the St. Albans Bay area. We went out of Twin Pines.
Ice condions there are very scary
lots of broken ice fields and pressure
ridges to cross on the way out to the rental
shacks. We even had someone who,
while on a late nite trek to the bathroom,
got disorietated on the way back and fell
into a crevace up to his waist!!! Luckily
it was only a small one, a foot or so wide,
and he was able to pull himself out.

The slot limit played havoc on our outing.While it is nice to catch those nice ones,and take some pics.It does get very old not taking any home to eat.Lots of 20" fish and others were 23,24,25,26" a few small ones,1 perch,and all the flippin pout ya want!!We ended up with 2 slot fish out of all we caught. I would rather see a reduced limit instead of this slot stuff.

Tumble/ There are some folks that never catch a walleye all winter. I think you got some dandy fish. Those fish are even more fun through the ice. How far out were the shacks? How deep were they?

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

TUMBLEWEED

D-Man, Not very far out yet.1/4 mi appx
Depth was around 22 feet. Best bait was
fatheads or rainbows.Green angel eyes were hot early morning,and moon glow wax jigs
with red hooks were hot for the night bite.
No walleyes after 11pm on any of days we were there.Saw several fish taken on tip-ups during the middle of the day.
My point on the slots, is if I wanted to practice CPR I would be fishing Muskies!!!!

Point being: I LIKE TO EAT WALLEYES,yum yum.

TUMBLEWEED

Not sure where my buddy got those rainbows??
Musta been close to St.Albans Bay,maybe in
Garrison?? I've got a new deep fryer from xmas just sitting around waiting for some fresh walter,beer battered filets!! I may have to break down and get em at the store
at this rate. There is just something rewarding...about catching,cleaning,and then
EATING a fresh batch of walleyes!!!