• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

girlfriend/wife participation

fish1golf 0

I don't have to say a word. My wife's smile speaks for itself! (She had never fished before she met me) She's gonna hate me posting pics on the web, but oh well. It's a big fish! LOL

47b4d729b3127cceb6767f217f280000003611

My wife would go fishing with me and occasionally hunting with me when we were dating. But since we've been married, she has zero interest in accompanying me, but at least she doesn't mind that I do it. She is excited for me to teach our 1 year old about it though!

------------------
Bubbadust

NO, I dont take her. I thought fishing and hunting was invented for man to get away from woman.

My wife aka The Warden has always gone along on fishing and hunting trips.

The nick name "Warden" is ironic as it could not be farther from the truth.

We had only been dating a couple of months, when I asked her if she wanted to go to the NW Angle for a ice fishing trip. She loved it, and we try to go back every year, although it is harder now with a 3 year old.

She has shot mule deer, whitetails,and ducks.I don't think I was ever prouder that the morning she shot, tracked and recovered her own cow elk.

My wife loves to go fishing on nice, sunny, calm days when the fish are biting. That is perfect for me. She doesn't care if I am out 75+ times a year with the fellas, just as long as she gets asked on a few nice afternoons. Plus, it makes it buying a new depth finder, etc a real need when its for both of us!

I say take the wife/girlfriend fishing. It's great when she catches a nice fish. They always seem to land the big ones and they always get off for me. Yes, my wife outfishes me every time out. She will pick the bait and no matter what it is it works for her. i can go out by myself and use the bait she had on and I get nothing. Works the same way for my Dad when he takes my Mom fishing, he get's outfished. It might just be the law of fishing.

I have a blast every time my wife goes with me!!

------------------
Get the Net!!

I take my wife fishing with me all the time. I was up on Vermilion this past week and she actually outfished me one day and not by a little bit. It was 78 and sunny and we caught about 15 walleyes. We both had an excellent time.

I often tell friends that I'm not really sure if she likes fishing or just being with me. Either way, I'm a lucky man.

Wally H

Well every time I have been in the woods or on the water with the girlfriend it has been interesting. When in the boat or the woods we have other things on the brain and never shoot or wet a line, if you know what I mean. I have to go by myself every once in a while to bring a few fish home.

GISSERT
You would have to bring that up, I'm trying to forget that weekend in Nestor Falls.

MY wife does go fishing with me from time to time..i taught her how we catch walleyes on crankbaits know when we go all she wants to do is troll troll troll.....if i want to try drifting she will stop fishing till i start trolling again then she drops her crankbait back out...she gets mad when i stop trolling....she has caught some really good fish....she enjoys going fishing just has much has i do......

My girlfriend caught this fish on a "Flying Lure". It was the biggest one she caught that day.

47b4ce33b3127ccea83be87aa9e90000001610

my wife is the best looking fishing partner I have so why not take her plus she loves being out on the water.

I take her as much as I can. I love it when she catches more than I do. They learn real quick. I taught her Lindy Rigging all spring and summer. Yesterday she caught her first walleyes on Jigs. She ended up catching 5, it was great. Earlier this week we went duck hunting and she had a great time even shot a couple of ducks. She does everything with me and it's great.

Jason Erlandson

------------------
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Sportland Guide Service
Hwy 371 & Cty Rd 13
Nisswa MN

218-963-2401

[email protected]

My wife of 20+ yrs is an avid fisherman. She pushed for a new fishing boat a few years ago. When our daughters (who all love to fish also) were smaller, we decided to get a pontoon boat at the cabin and it had to have a live well for fishing.

She belongs to WAM (Women Anglers of Minnesota) and every year she grabs the fishing boat and heads north for about 4 days to particioate in their annual tournament.

She usually out fishes me but she enjoys panfishing while I waste my time going after bass/northen/walleye etc. smile.gif

I am pretty fortunate and she enjoys going, but on the days she doesn't go, I've learned to not take her for granted. I remember a club tournament we were having when a guy backed out and caused a big hoopla when he announced that his wife had left him. Another guy then announced, "I can't believe it! They had the perfect marriage, he would go fishing all day and she'd have supper ready by the time he got home; they had the perfect marriage!!!"

After that day I made sure I always offered to take her first....

i would love to have a girlfriend/wife to fish with. but i don't. frown.gif so if anyone knows someone that would love to be my girlfried let me know. smile.gif

My beautiful GF likes to fish in the summer only. Just a couple of days ago she said, "Would you mind if I never go ice fishing?" I laughed and said no. She has a fear of the ice apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has become my best fishing buddy, often when we are out fishing, I am the one that is ready to call it a day, and she is the one that pleads for a little more time on the water.

I have beem truly blessed.

My girlfriend refuses to own a fishing license. I can't even get her out on "Take a Mother Fishing Day" when she doesn't need one! But she has been to the waters edge with me 4 times in the past 3 years.

Pre-fishing carp contest

Carp Contest

Take her kid to the playground when he's tired of fishing, twice.

One time I joked about dumping her so I can find me a woman that loves fishing and camping! She told me "Go ahead but you'll come crawling back to me." I tried. Couldn't find anybody to my liking and sure enough... I came crawling back to her. blush.gif