• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose-Hunter and Aquarium Advice

bassman186

Just wondering how the Aquariums are doing? Mine are pretty good. I've got the 45 gallon with a northern in it, he's got the entire tank to himself. He is fun to watch eat the goldfish. The 55 gallon is pretty empty at this point. I've got some bullhead fingerlings in there but thats it. Any idea where I might be able to get some little walleyes???
P.S. I hate to ask again but how are the plants coming?

Thanks;
Matt Jung

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt...

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner... The plants are a bust!! My 55 (after the rebuild) developed some kind of "fungus" that stripped the two new crappies of their slime and killed them dead as door nails. All happened in less than a week. This fungus was said to have come in with some of the new plants.... shocked.gifshocked.gif

So again, I'm back to square one. I took down my 55 completely. and I'm in process of treating the whole system with a massive dose of dimilin and algea killer. I was told that I may have rushed the last rebuild a bit... mad.gif I am rebuilding AGAIN, but I'm going to take it a lot slower this time around!!! Sorry I couldn't give you better news...again....

On the walleye note... Give Aquatropics a call (763) 252-1111. These folks know their stuff when it comes to natives!! And can get you almost anything!! But be warned... Small walleyes will be easy pickins' for that pike of yours. And they grow FAST!! Before I "donated" my two walleyes, my largest was over a pound (1.2lbs) in less than a year!!! With the other close behind at 1lb. even...

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

Dan;

Thats horrible about the 55 Gallon. IS what happened to you a normal thing? I will give that place a call, just hope there not too high priced. My Pike is in an aquarium by himself with two little bullheads. My 55 gallon is where i want to put the walleyes.

Thanks for all the advice!

Matt Jung

Hi Matt...

No this is NOT normal!!! I'm just into a string of bad luck with tanks. After the treatment of the 55 plant tank is done, I should be in the clear again.... I hope!! I have my plant order all ready to submit, I now just need a place to put them....

I'll keep you posted.

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)