• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chance to win a trip..need your input

eyesontonka

How many people would enter a fishing contest for a fishing trip in Alaska for grand prize??? Was thinking we all could bug Catch'n/rich and rick or who ever enough to host a contest..

heres my thoughts on this..since i'm headed to AK in a couple days i would ask my brother to offer a free 3 day trip to valdez since thats his special fishing hole..knowing the kinda guy he is i'm almost sure he would offer this..but before i ask i would like some input 1st.

the catch would be...entry fee for the fishing contest would first pay for the airline ticket(s)...the rest would be free once you got to AK..then divide whats left to winners 2nd place and so on..or we could possibly offer 2 -3people and buy 2-3 airline tickets..all depending on how much was available..4 would be a max allowed to go..or we could have 2 contst..1 in the southern half of mn and 1 in the northern half..

since this years not in ? for the trip..was thinking early next year for the big king run/reds/halibut or the late run of silvers/halibut and pinks if anyone was interested in alaskan carp..

Since not every one has a boat i was thinking ice tourney..Note=you must be a member here to enter..and have atleast 1 post..lol..i'm in

Please everyone put your 2 cents in since i'm headed north soon..in person asking might make a difference..camera man go free or pays double?rich your not a camera man you would pay triple ;=)

[This message has been edited by eyesontonka (edited 07-14-2004).]

[This message has been edited by eyesontonka (edited 07-14-2004).]

Eyesontonka,
I think I am headed where you want to go here... with the Fish-N Line Radio Show.

I have just last week added "Resort of the Week" to the format of the Fish-N Line Radio Show.
Last week also, I sent emails to about 50 Alaska based resorts & guides asking them to donate trips that would be used for Resort of the Week & Guide of the Week.

Those Alaska contacts are slowly beginning to respond. But... based on the numbers of messages sent I am seeing the related responce is low in comparison to my same efforts in Canada.

I thought, and I am sure these Alaska biz's owners are thinking... what is the chance that someone winning a FREE stay or guide trip on the Fish-N Line Radio Show, would actually be able to come up to take advavntage of my service.
FREE AIRFARE WOULD DO IT.

As a "promoter" I see a need to go further here and will contact some airlines about jumping on this.

I think callng in to The Fishing Line Radio Show and being able to win a resort stay and a guided fishing trip WEEKLY is way cool. TO DATE THE SHOW HAS GIVEN OUT EIGHT FREE GUIDED TRIPS!
Check what is going out for this Thursday's show!
http://www.catch-n.com/fishnline.html
It is a 2 day stay at Birch Haven Resort with a day guide trip with Todd Imdieke. VERY cool.... !!

Rick and the FM sponsorship is big part of the reason for the shows success. Being able to announce and "plug" the show here on FM... has been HUGE.
I owe Rick a great amount of thanks for his help in my being able to get the show off the ground.

I am very blown away from how the quality of the show has progressed and the show's sponsor list growth. I expect this growth to continue and figure the show to continue to "evolve".
I like the hour format and having a guest on the program... this week we have Dennis Steele speaking on river Catfish! That is 2 cool smile.gifsmile.gif

On the show too, FREE promotional products are given out to lucky callers at random... "name out or a hat" type of a deal... for those who want to call in and leave a contact # durring the show.
This week there will be a Stone Legacy set of Lure Savers & Reel Covers going out on the show and many Catch-N Tackle products... jigs & plastics and some Bio-Bait. Rich Smith is giving a box of 6 non lead/bismuth "Safe Jigs" too.

I can't thing if I ever heard of such a thing on a fishing show... and to have great content/guests makes for a "reel" deal.

I'll talk to Rick today and see if we can put our heads together on improving the existing promotional arrangements for the show to help intice an airline to "come on board".

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thanks Eyesontonka, for your idea and interest.
I will also talk to Rick about your idea for a "contest".
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 07-14-2004).]

this sounds like fun!

p.s. how do we tune into the show on radio?

The FISH-N LINE RADIO SHOW airs live from 9:05am to 10:00am on Thursdays... on KYMN AM/stereo 1080 on your am dial.
This station covers all of Southern Minnesota. See the listening area here.

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/004583.html

The show features fishing music, fishing reports, product reviews, free promotional products, and tactics/tips from local fishing personalities including many pro staff from Catch-N Tackle Co.
Guide of the Week & Resort of the Week offer lucky callers a chance at FREE guided trips and fishing resort stays!

The toll-free call in # for KYMN 1080
AM/Stereo & Fish-N Line Radio is 1-800-374-5966
Call from 9:05am to 10:00 Thursdays for a chance to win or to share your fishing rports.
Hear the show streamed on;
http://www.catch-n.com/fishnline.html
24/7 days a week.

The Fish-N Line Radio Show is proudly sponsored by
FishingMinneaota.com
... USA's #1 fishing information website.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

I think listenership would jump dramatically if the show was aired at a different time, or even a re-broadcast at a different time. Say first thing in the AM when people are getting ready for work or on their way to work. Or in the evenings too.

9-10am doesn't allow many working folk the opportunity to tune in.

Grabs,
The show airs twice on Thursdays... once at 9:05 to 10:am and again at 1:05 to 2 tongue.gifm (unless there is a game that day).

The KYMN station is working on a syndication to go "state-wide".
Your calling KYMN in Northfield and asking them to go state-wide with the program will help.
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing the idea!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Tom,
I'm confused with your idea?

Can you explain that a bit please?

Thanks Tom,
You are right!

Yep... I was thinking of mailing out a cd copy of the Fish-N Line radio show and charging only for the disk & shipping costs.
Then I thought...
As soon as I can locate a sponsor that'll cover that cost I am going there.
I figure a weekly FREE cd in the mail would go over well smile.gif
This would reach those that do not want to down-load or do not have a computer.
Now that is scarrrrry... not having a computer!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

It was more of a statement than an idea...

I thought the option was there for you to download the show?

What I was saying was that 3/4 of the state cannot listen and those that can, unless you are unemployed are at work.

If it goes state-wide, great, but with the popularity of the program, would it pe possible to get a more favorable time-slot so more people can tune-in?

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 07-14-2004).]