• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Getting a Yamaha on a Lund in the future

LundExplorer,

I hope this is not the case. I would hope we would have the option to put any motor on almost any boat. I am pondering the Yami, or Merc on my next Lund and would be miffed if I didn't have the option to choose.

Just for info when I bought my lund in 98 I purchased just the boat from one dealer then took it to another for the motor I wanted. The boat was not prerigged.

Yea, I don't think this was smart anyway you look at it.

Most fishing boats are sold as packages, ie boat, motor and trailer. Pricing is based on the fact that the boat manufacturer buys outboards in bulk from the outboard manufacturer and then your dealer buys both boat and motor from the boat manufacturer. The boat also comes pre-rigged from the factory for the outboard brand you've chosen.

This whole process helps to lower the price of the "package" in comparison to buying the three components together.

I think starting next year if you want a Yammi on a Lund, you'll be able to get it but you won't like the price in comparison to other available packages. For most console boats, your Lund will come from the factory pre-rigged for another brand which will have to be changed (doesn't really have to be changed but it's a very good idea) at the dealer at their shop labor rates plus parts. Secondly, you won't have the boat manufacturer's purchasing power working for you on the price of the outboard.

This is unfortunate. My last two boats have been Lunds with Yamaha's on the back and the Yamaha's are an excellent product

[This message has been edited by Wave Runner (edited 07-13-2004).]

From what I've heard from the service manager at a large boat dealer in Minnesota Wave Runner is right on the money unfortunately...

The service manager talked to a close contact at Yamaha... and was told that yamaha does not deal / negotiate with the competition (brunswick / mercury), therfore there will not be any yamaha pre-rig (controls, gauges, throttle cables, anything motor specific) in lund or crestliner boats for at least model year 2005... model year 2006 is still up in the air.

Hopefully these issues get resolved in the near future or it could cause a lot of headaches for yamaha fans, like myself.

marine_man

Good information to think through, thanks. Maybe I'll buy a Suzuki or Honda instead of the Yamaha next year. Thinking about a Crestliner.

We had problems with out current boat. It was rigged up for a Mercury, but we have an Evinrude. After all the hassles, we took it to Aronson's Boatworks and switched the control unit for a OMC unit. Works 100% better now.

If it is a problem for Lunds, it will be the same for Crestliner as Brunswick bought both companies.

You know, it may be a problem for a year or two. But when sales of Lunds and Crestliners go south, as well as Mercury's, things will change, trust me. This is not going to endear people to Mercury either, no matter how good they are.

I would also like to see what the lawyer rats would say about this. If Lund would require you to put a Mercury on their boat, I would think that would be a tying arrangement, and would be illegal. But it has been years since I took business law.

My question is can you put any motor on a boat. I thought I heard once a boat is set up with a receiver? that may not allow you to put all brands on it. I thought I heard the Honda's had a seperate setup. Could someone verify this?

The other issue to me is not every Lund dealer is a Mercury dealer. Sometimes a different dealer has the Merc rights. So would Mercury have to buy the other dealers exclusive right so Lund dealers could sell Mercs (franchisee rights)? If they do, this would be really expensive. I know it is a major problem in other mergers.

[This message has been edited by walleyehawk (edited 07-14-2004).]

I am hearing that Lund dealers are kind of nervous about the 'falling out' between Yamaha and Lund (and the other Genmar brands) recently sold to Brunswick (parent of Mercury). I know of one Lund dealer up north who says he can't get new Yamaha outboards anymore. With the popularity of the 4-strokes, this would appear to be a bad business move by Brunswick's management in terms of sales for these boat brands.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this?

In my opinion, it's way too early to bet the future on Verado. Very limited real world experience to date and Mercury's track record when it comes to innovation is questionable.

I used to buy nothing but Mercury's but if this new Verado starts the way the Optimax did, they're going to be in for a rough ride...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

As popular as 4 strokes are right now I keep hearing that they are more of a stopgap measure. I've heard now in the past week from several differnt people that the DFI technology is impoving so that they are burning cleaner, quieter and with less of the inherent problems of the 4 stroke motors. Time will tell I guess as I'm stilling waiting at least 1 more year before jumping into a new boat.

Borch

[This message has been edited by Borch (edited 07-14-2004).]

Last time I was shopping around for a boat i seem to remember that you couln't put a Honda on a Ranger. So whole motor classes and brand can be excluded.

Could Lund and Crestliner be going the way of Tracker?

The article on the Verado said that it was using a superchager for more torque. Super chargers don't give a great deal of torque the create horsepower. The centrifical types even more so that the roots type that most are used to seeing hanging out of the hood of you funny cars. At least that is how I have understood forced induction.

walleyehawk,

Lund (Brunswick) won't be able to specify that you can't put a yamaha motor on... it comes down to the pre-rig (gauges, throttle & shift cables, control box, electrical harness) that comes with the boat that won't make it easy to put a yamaha on... basically a dealer would have to spend a couple of hours de-rigging the boat, then install the correct gauges, harness, in order to use a yamaha motor... so it's not that it can't be done.. it's just that it's cost prohibitive to do so.

I'm not sure what dealers that only carry yamaha are going to do... it sounds like lunds and crestliners will be offered in every other pre rig out there (mercury, johnson / evinrude, honda, suzuki) except yamaha.

marine_man

The Verado is interesting...When is Mercury planning get them on the market?

Animal,

Unless there were some weight restriction I don't think there is any reason you couldn't put a honda on a ranger... it's a matter of changing the pre-rig on the boat.. I would believe that ranger doesn't offer honda pre-rig, but that doesn't mean the dealer can't do it himself (likely at a hefty cost penalty to you I might add).

marine_man

Don't discount the power of supply and demand. If there is enough demand for a Lund rigged with a Yamaha some dealer will figure out how to make it happen at a competitive price. Maybe not as cheap as a prerigged Lund with a Merc but cheap enough that a consumer that wants a Lund with a Yamaha won't have to pay to much of a premium.

Can't a large dealer order a bulk quantity of popular style Lunds un-rigged and order a large quantity of Yamahas outboards and rig these boats at the dealer facility, I know its not as efficient but if there demand for this setup somebody will figure out how to do it. With the riff that’s going on between Yamaha and Lund I'm sure Yamaha would love to support a dealer with special pricing to put Yamahas on Lunds it just seems like good business for the dealer and Yamaha!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      My wife eats this now and then,vio tried them once. Yep tastes like raw pine needles and pine cones!!👍
    • Wanderer
      And Grape Nuts.
    • zahadurahtemple
      +2349128106243ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD OCCULT IS A SACRED FRATERNITY WITH A GRAND LODGE TEMPLE SITUATED IN G.R.A PHASE 2 PORT HARCOURT NIGERIA, OUR NUMBER ONE OBLIGATION IS TO MAKE EVERY INITIATE MEMBER HERE RICH AND FAMOUS IN OTHER RISE THE POWERS OF GUARDIANS OF AGE+. +2349128106243       SEARCHING ON HOW TO JOIN THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD MONEY RITUAL OCCULT IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT VERY WELL BEFORE REACHING US HERE BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS THE HEART TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME ONE OF US HERE, BUT IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SERIOUS MINDED AND READY TO RUN THE SPIRITUAL RACE OF LIFE IN OTHER TO ACQUIRE ALL YOU NEED HERE ON EARTH CONTACT SPIRITUAL GRANDMASTER NOW, FOR INQUIRY       +2349128106243       +2349128106243 OFTEN MANY HAS VENTURED INTO SPIRITUAL MEANS OF ACQUIRING LUXURY BUT ONLY FEW GET TO THE PEAK WHEN IT COMES TO SPIRITUAL WEALTH & LUXURY NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY INFECTED OR UNWORHTY BUT IT’S ON CLEARER VIEW TO THE HUMAN WORLD NOW TO ACTUALLY KNOW THAT IT TAKES A GREAT SACRIFICE AND OFFERING TO PIERCE THE HEART OF THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IN ORDER TO MAKE A RFEQUEST NOT JUST TO MAKE A REQUEST BUT TO GET ANSWERS AND POSITIVE POSITIVE RESPONSE FOR THE SPIRITUAL GUARDIANS OF AGE. WE THE INITIATE MEMBERS OF ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GAIN A SPIRITUAL CLOSE GUARDED SECRET OF ACQUIRING WEALTH POWER &PROTECTION FOR THE GUARDIANS OF AGE THROUGH THE ORDERS OF THE TEMPLE GRANDMASTER AND OTHER SPIRITUAL LEADERS OF THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE.        +2349128106243 WE KNOW VERY WELL THAT EVERYONE THINKS THEY HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO BE RICH AND FAMOUS NOT MINDING THE FACT THAT ONLY FEW HAS THE ABILITY AND GRACE TO BE WEALTHY, BECAUSE IF MAKING WEALTH WAS THAT EASY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEALTHY BY NOW. MAKING ENQUIRIES TO JOIN US HERE MIGHT BE OPEN FOR EVERYONE BUT NOT EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED AT THE END OF THE DAY. ZAHADURAH OCCULT IS NOT FOR THE RICH OR POOR BUT FOR THE “DESTINED TO BE RICH” IT DOESN’T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM OR WHO YOU THINK YOU’RE, ONCE YOUR DESTINY MATCHES THE SPIRITUAL HEART OF THIS OCCULT YOU’RE CERTAIN TO BE ACCEPTED AND TRANSDFORMED FROM POOR TO RICH OR RICH TO RICHER & POWERFUL. ALL ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD INITIATE MEMBERS ARE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IT MIGHT BE CARS HOUSES LUXURIOUS LIFE BUT ONE THING YOU MUST PUT FIRST IS COURAGE AND BRAVERY BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE KEYS TO UNLOCK TO ONES FORTUNE, AND BEFORE ANY MAN/WOMAN CAN BE ACCEPTED HERE HE OR SHE IS EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE UP HIS OR HER MIND KNOWING THE TASK AHEAD, THOUGH WE DO NOT USE HUMAN BLOOD FOR SACRIFICE BUT DO NOT BE DECEIVED; WE USE ANIMAL BLOOD TO PLEASE THE LORD GUARDIANS OF AGE TO ACCEPT YOU AFTER WHICH YOU’LL BE ENDOWED WITH RICHES AND LUXURY BUT KNOW THAT THERE’S A GRAND PRIZE TO PAY WHICH IS YOU OFFERING YOUR SOUL TO THE LORD LUCIFER AT CERTAIN STAGE {85YRS}       ………… NOTHING ELSE WILL BE REQUIRED UNTIL YOUR LAST SACRIFICIAL RITE AND MONEY WILL NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM AGAIN UNTIL YOU DIE. THERE 7 SACRED RULES GUIDING THIS SACRED OCCULT WHICH MAKES IT EASY AND THE BEST FRATERNITY TO BELONG, THIS RULES CAN ONLY BE DISCLOSED TO AN ALREADY INITIATED MEMBER, STRICT MEASURES ARE APPLIED IN TERMS OF KEEPING THE SECRETS OF THIS GREAT OCCULT WHICH INSTANT DEATH, SO IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T KEEP SHUT WHEN THE CLOSE GUARDED SECRETS ARE BEEN GIVING TO YOU DURING YOUR INITIATION RITUAL; DO YOURSELF GOOD BY STAYING AWAY OTHER THAN BRINGING CALAMITY UPON YOURSELF AND HOUSEHOLD. THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD WAS FOUNDED IN INDIA BY AFRICAN BROTHERS WHO TOOK DECISION TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF NATURE IN OTHER FOR LIFE TO BE EASY IN THE EARLY DAYS OF ALLAQUATHAMIN, THERE BY MAKING THE HOME OF THE LORD ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD TO BE IN AFRICA, WE HAVE OUR TEMPLES HERE IN AFRICA OF WHICH THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE HQ IS SITUATED IN A HIDDEN LOCATION IN PORT HARCOURT RIVER'S STATE NIGERIA.       MANY INDIVIDUALS HAS TAKEN THE RISK OF ATTEMPTING #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ILLUMINATI #I_WANT-TO-JOIN_THE_FREE_MASONS #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ODD_FELLOWS AND MANY OTHER SEARCH REQUESTS; THOUGH THERE’RE OTHER FRATERNITIES LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE BUT THE BAD NEWS IS YOU CAN NEVER BE LINKED TO ANY OF THIS OCCULTS BY ANYONE UNLESS THEY WANT TO GIVE YOU FALSE HOPES THEREBY EXTORTING FROM YOU....+2349128106243.
    • zahadurahtemple
      +2349128106243ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD OCCULT IS A SACRED FRATERNITY WITH A GRAND LODGE TEMPLE SITUATED IN G.R.A PHASE 2 PORT HARCOURT NIGERIA, OUR NUMBER ONE OBLIGATION IS TO MAKE EVERY INITIATE MEMBER HERE RICH AND FAMOUS IN OTHER RISE THE POWERS OF GUARDIANS OF AGE+. +2349128106243       SEARCHING ON HOW TO JOIN THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD MONEY RITUAL OCCULT IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT VERY WELL BEFORE REACHING US HERE BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS THE HEART TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME ONE OF US HERE, BUT IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SERIOUS MINDED AND READY TO RUN THE SPIRITUAL RACE OF LIFE IN OTHER TO ACQUIRE ALL YOU NEED HERE ON EARTH CONTACT SPIRITUAL GRANDMASTER NOW, FOR INQUIRY       +2349128106243       +2349128106243 OFTEN MANY HAS VENTURED INTO SPIRITUAL MEANS OF ACQUIRING LUXURY BUT ONLY FEW GET TO THE PEAK WHEN IT COMES TO SPIRITUAL WEALTH & LUXURY NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY INFECTED OR UNWORHTY BUT IT’S ON CLEARER VIEW TO THE HUMAN WORLD NOW TO ACTUALLY KNOW THAT IT TAKES A GREAT SACRIFICE AND OFFERING TO PIERCE THE HEART OF THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IN ORDER TO MAKE A RFEQUEST NOT JUST TO MAKE A REQUEST BUT TO GET ANSWERS AND POSITIVE POSITIVE RESPONSE FOR THE SPIRITUAL GUARDIANS OF AGE. WE THE INITIATE MEMBERS OF ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GAIN A SPIRITUAL CLOSE GUARDED SECRET OF ACQUIRING WEALTH POWER &PROTECTION FOR THE GUARDIANS OF AGE THROUGH THE ORDERS OF THE TEMPLE GRANDMASTER AND OTHER SPIRITUAL LEADERS OF THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE.        +2349128106243 WE KNOW VERY WELL THAT EVERYONE THINKS THEY HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO BE RICH AND FAMOUS NOT MINDING THE FACT THAT ONLY FEW HAS THE ABILITY AND GRACE TO BE WEALTHY, BECAUSE IF MAKING WEALTH WAS THAT EASY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEALTHY BY NOW. MAKING ENQUIRIES TO JOIN US HERE MIGHT BE OPEN FOR EVERYONE BUT NOT EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED AT THE END OF THE DAY. ZAHADURAH OCCULT IS NOT FOR THE RICH OR POOR BUT FOR THE “DESTINED TO BE RICH” IT DOESN’T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM OR WHO YOU THINK YOU’RE, ONCE YOUR DESTINY MATCHES THE SPIRITUAL HEART OF THIS OCCULT YOU’RE CERTAIN TO BE ACCEPTED AND TRANSDFORMED FROM POOR TO RICH OR RICH TO RICHER & POWERFUL. ALL ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD INITIATE MEMBERS ARE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IT MIGHT BE CARS HOUSES LUXURIOUS LIFE BUT ONE THING YOU MUST PUT FIRST IS COURAGE AND BRAVERY BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE KEYS TO UNLOCK TO ONES FORTUNE, AND BEFORE ANY MAN/WOMAN CAN BE ACCEPTED HERE HE OR SHE IS EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE UP HIS OR HER MIND KNOWING THE TASK AHEAD, THOUGH WE DO NOT USE HUMAN BLOOD FOR SACRIFICE BUT DO NOT BE DECEIVED; WE USE ANIMAL BLOOD TO PLEASE THE LORD GUARDIANS OF AGE TO ACCEPT YOU AFTER WHICH YOU’LL BE ENDOWED WITH RICHES AND LUXURY BUT KNOW THAT THERE’S A GRAND PRIZE TO PAY WHICH IS YOU OFFERING YOUR SOUL TO THE LORD LUCIFER AT CERTAIN STAGE {85YRS}       ………… NOTHING ELSE WILL BE REQUIRED UNTIL YOUR LAST SACRIFICIAL RITE AND MONEY WILL NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM AGAIN UNTIL YOU DIE. THERE 7 SACRED RULES GUIDING THIS SACRED OCCULT WHICH MAKES IT EASY AND THE BEST FRATERNITY TO BELONG, THIS RULES CAN ONLY BE DISCLOSED TO AN ALREADY INITIATED MEMBER, STRICT MEASURES ARE APPLIED IN TERMS OF KEEPING THE SECRETS OF THIS GREAT OCCULT WHICH INSTANT DEATH, SO IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T KEEP SHUT WHEN THE CLOSE GUARDED SECRETS ARE BEEN GIVING TO YOU DURING YOUR INITIATION RITUAL; DO YOURSELF GOOD BY STAYING AWAY OTHER THAN BRINGING CALAMITY UPON YOURSELF AND HOUSEHOLD. THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD WAS FOUNDED IN INDIA BY AFRICAN BROTHERS WHO TOOK DECISION TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF NATURE IN OTHER FOR LIFE TO BE EASY IN THE EARLY DAYS OF ALLAQUATHAMIN, THERE BY MAKING THE HOME OF THE LORD ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD TO BE IN AFRICA, WE HAVE OUR TEMPLES HERE IN AFRICA OF WHICH THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE HQ IS SITUATED IN A HIDDEN LOCATION IN PORT HARCOURT RIVER'S STATE NIGERIA.       MANY INDIVIDUALS HAS TAKEN THE RISK OF ATTEMPTING #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ILLUMINATI #I_WANT-TO-JOIN_THE_FREE_MASONS #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ODD_FELLOWS AND MANY OTHER SEARCH REQUESTS; THOUGH THERE’RE OTHER FRATERNITIES LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE BUT THE BAD NEWS IS YOU CAN NEVER BE LINKED TO ANY OF THIS OCCULTS BY ANYONE UNLESS THEY WANT TO GIVE YOU FALSE HOPES THEREBY EXTORTING FROM YOU....+2349128106243.
    • zahadurahtemple
    • zahadurahtemple
    • smurfy
      he ate pine needles and pine cones raw!!!!!!!!!
    • gimruis
      No idea who that is.  Had to look it up though.  Born in 1911 and died in 1975.  That explains why I've never heard of him.
    • smurfy
      Just old leather straps!!🤣🤣apparently you seem to have no problem with all the preservatives in our foods today. I know you ain't no Euiel Gibbons.  
    • JerkinLips
      Fished Tuesday-Thursday.  Caught a lot of 9-12 inch walleyes.  The only walleyes I caught over 12 inches were two 13 inchers and the pictured 22 inch.  Don't know where the quality eaters went.  Best action was 11am-4pm.  The walleyes were stuck on the bottom so I set my bobber so the minnow could just reach the bottom.  Then I would occasionally raise it up to entice them to bite.  Got numerous bites as I was setting the depth.  Neither the Y-store nor Vermilion Fuel & Food had rainbows so I settled on pike suckers and chubs.  Didn't catch a walleye on pike suckers the first morning so I just stuck with the chubs the rest of the trip.   Good luck fishing and enjoy the lake.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.