• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Replacing Wood Floor in Boat - 17 footer

Is there a lot of difference between Wolmanized and Marine Plywood other than cost ? Whats the best thickness to be using ?

Michigander, I'm not sure what you mean by Wolmanized plywood but I do know that Marine plywood is not really worth the cost. Fellow FM.com member, Steve Bakken of Bakken's Boat Shop, I think recommends using ordinary BCX plywood and coating it with a resin. Much more effective at much less cost. I would direct any more questions you have to Steve or Valv at KVESURPLUS.COM They know a lot more about this process than I do.

------------------
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

I've restored a couple boats and found the best way to do it is to buy 3/4 in plywood and put a couple coats of good exterior paint on it, then use carpet adhesive and staples to attach the carpet. This is a cost- friendly way, and it reduces a lot of extra weight in the boat. Treated wood I would guess weights twice as much as regular.

[moved to equipment forum]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-12-2004).]