• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Past weekend report

Well, those hogs have seemed to started to fill up on tullibees. Friday night we fished from 9pm until 5am and only caught 4 fish. The biggest being a 28incher and the smallest a 20incher. Saturday night wasnt much better. We did get a few but they were small.Surface water temp was 43 degrees.The wind had us trailering the boat by 10pm. It looks like the next full moon on November 30th might be your last chance for a trophy.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

Even if the hogs are full, do you think there may still be a good bite this weekend late afternoon and early evening? From the forecast the water temp may even move back up a bit. I'd be fishing the garrison area.

If the weather is good its always worth a try. Its not over until the fat lady sings and cant put the boat in anymore. Even after ice-up those fish are still there biting. If your headed out during the day look for the deepest edges off Garrison reef. Hit the shoreline after dark.

------------------

D-man that's exactly how we did. We fished around Agate Bay on Sat. evening from 5-10 and only got three fish, one small and 2-21". I couldn't believe it was that slow.

I fished all nite Friday, really slow, then as soon as the sun came up, they started biting, got 14 by nine AM, also caught a few tulibees on a large rap, where they trying to spawn with it or what?

Best fishes!

Tried the north side on Sat. I was on shallow rocks casting for musky. Other boats looking for walleye's deeper in the day, marking them but no catches. I pulled up in shallower in about 8 ft and had a real nice musky fallow in about five casts. Any ideas about where they will be this weekend?

Bob, Dman, I have had good fishing on the west side, on rocks in 6 to 10 ft. pulling the largest sized floting rapala they make, silver with a red head and yellow back on 120 ft of 10 pound fireline. I actually had the best action ofter sunrise. A week before, when the moon was brighter, we did better at night. Me and a buddy got 15 eyes, the biggest being 29 inches. The best bait was the biggest tail dancer ( they need to make a bigger one) color didn't matter. 100 ft behind the boat, 10 lb fireline.

hope this helps! I am planning to be out there this Saturday smile.gif

Best fishes

Maniac, there have been a few big ones caught on the west side. Two I heard of were 48 and 53 inchers! I tried pulling a super-shad a while but no takers. pulled a jumbo sized floating rap, but only got a bunch of big walleyes (boohoo) wink.gif
I caught a couple of tulibees too, and I thought about rigging one up on a quick-strike rig, but wasn't sure it was legal, hahaha. I may try a big Jake bait this weekend, I think the muskys are looking for a big meal now. even some of the walleyes I caught had big tulibees sticking out of their gullets.

Best Fishes!

Cyber/ most of the big fish we caught had those tulibee tails sticking out as well. What size taildancer where you using? The biggest is a 9. If you were running that 100 feet out on 10 fireline that bait will go down 12 feet. They are making a 5 for next year(great spring bait).

------------------

I was using a 9 then, I was fishing 8 to 10 ft,bumping off lots of rocks, so I could have used less line, but I like to keep the lure away from the boat as much as possible on a calm night. did lose some lures to the rocks though.

Cyb

I really had much better success on the jumbo floating rap though. I started using that last Saturday when I realized they were feeding on the bigger tulibees. I also wanted to use a lure that would tempt a big musky or pike too, but found it better for numbers of big eyes too, plus no snags! grin.gif

Sounds like everything is hitting on big muskie lures huh? I'm definatly headed up Sat , maybe Fri. and thinking I'll have to hit the shallow rocks hard. Has anyone been on east side? I tried Wed. but the fog was to thick and my GPS batteries were dead :-( but did notice green weeds in Isle bay.On the topic of walleyes hitting muskie lures, we had nice 'eyes hitting in 8 ft. over weeds in the middle of the summer fishing for muskies, one day we caught more walleyes in shallow weeds than anything else. This happen to any of you this summer?

I stopped by Thorne Bros today and picked up a cisco pattern Phantom jerkbait. I think both the Big Musky and walleye will not be able to resist it, though I don't think I will get much sport from a walleye on my jerkbait rod LOL!

70 degrees tomorrow! woohooo!

Best fishes!

Well, had another good day on the big pond!
me and a buddy got over 20 big eyes, the biggest being a 9 pounder!
When is it gonna end? grin.gif

Best fishes!

This time we got most of em at night. A clown size 18 floating rap was the best bait. Saw some cool shooting stars too.

Have a good thanksgiving!

Cyb

Hey BP, good to see ya on the web! grin.gif
Looks like we will get out for some more fishin soon, Old man winter was starting to stir a little, but now it is in the 60s again! Happy turkey day!

First, As Cyberfishes partner I will say that he mostly does not lie. Except for maybe the part about how great the fishing is. See the last two times out he has out fished me something like 28 to 14 and he has always gotten the biggest fish. Not that I should complain. I have caught 3 or 4 that were my personal best comming into this year. My biggest now is 27" that was just shy of 8lb's. By the way that 9lber was a fish just shy of 27". It was the most grotesquely fat fish I have ever seen. It puked a half digested tulibe into the net. That belly was amazing it literally looked like it had something slightly smaller than a volleyball in it's belly. I am sure no picture we took will do it justice. We shold have taken a picure of it's underside. Just like a pregnant cow.