• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello,

I'm a new member to this message board. My name is Kraig Brody and I'm from a little south of most of you folks, down here in Iowa. I usually take a spring, fall and ice fishing trip up in the great state of Minnesota every year. I've been going to the Backus area for the last 20+ years. I'm in my mid thirties and my best fishing partner is my wife. Fortunately, (or unfortunately) she is pretty good at fishing and is a die hard. I say unfortunately, because she is a good fisherman and I have to listen to all of the jokes from family when I get outfished. All in good fun though.We have targeted musky for the last six years, but also fish walleye and northern. Now here's the kicker. We are staying on Lake Andrusia the week of June 12th. Can anyone help me out with any tactics or presentations for that time of year on both Andrusia and Cass? It's our first time fishing this area and any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Kraig B.

Welcome brodyk; I'd suggest you post these questions on the Blackduck or the Bemidji forums. I've fished the area but not those lakes. The Cass lake forum should also be checked out. Good Luck

I fished it once about ten years ago, I lost one huge walleye and nothing else. It wasn't a very good weekend weather wise though. I have heard that the fishing is usually good. Sorry I can't help you more, my memory is slipping.

My suggestion for this area is pretty simple. I would not spend alot of time in Andursia, take the channel over to Allens Bay. Allens bay gets pounded hard but for good reason, lots of fish. I would rips bucktails over the sunken islands, spend enough time and something will happen. Another good choice is fishing just outside of Buck lake in the reeds or even try Buck lake. I can also tell you that there is an older fella that stays on Andrusia all summer that is one heck of a musky fishermen! If you are looking for spots of Cass lake itself you will find people will be tight lipped!

I had the misfortune to work/live in Mason City for about nine years so I feel your pain of living south of the border.

I fish Lake Bemidji fairly often. The standard presentation is to drift with a Lindy or Roach rig or long-snelled spinner with a bottom bouncer and a leech, minnow or crawler. We'll also troll various plugs. I've had the best results early morning and late afternoon into evening.

Nice to have you aboard.I have fished the whole Cass chain since I was about 6 (now 32).The best thing I have had luck with is shad raps.I go after walleye most days,but I do throw some pretty heavy duty stuff for "ESOX".The fish tend to be a little deeper that time of year.But on Cass I know of a good sand bar to hit for the evening bite.What will you be targeting for species?

------------------
Greg

Welcome to FM brody this is will be a place where you find your self when you're not fishing!
Best Fishes
Chris