• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

$2.20 Yikes!

Well I did not think gas prices would affect the amount I go fishing this summer, but with gas not expected to peak till June and already at $2.20 I think it will cut down a few trips. I would guess 2.30-2.40 next week as the stations bend us over for memorial weekend! I like to make a lot of trips to Mille Lacs but if it hits 2.50 or more that would be about $65 from the cities for gas on the truck and outboard then add bait and snacks Yikes! 3.00 would make it a $76. Sorry to say I might have to take out a couple of trips. Anybody else?

No doubt gas prices will be a beating this summer. I need to research what I can run with E85.

I remember taking on my first tank of ethanol in Fargo back in the 70s. My car puked like I was trying to run water.

Switched to a diesel on May 1st! Never going back to unleaded now! $1.679 at the stations on my drive from Eden Prairie to Belle Plaine.

The differential fuel costs are enough to justifiy an extra $95 a month in truck payment! Saving about $10 a tank with cost the way they are right now.

You are right. The cost of just getting to your cabin/resort/campground is starting to really cut in to the funds. I can only imagine what the on-the-water gas will be soon!! 3.50 I am guessing on the Criox. Glad I can pull my boat out and fill up on shore.

Hang on.

Since the water opened this year and the boat went in,I've only used my elec. trolling motor.Right off the landing.Started the outboard just to make sure it runs then shut her down.Now if I could only run the truck with the trolling motor"life would be goooood !".

------------------
Greg

Yeah gas prices are not going to help any. Gonna have to cut down on the trips and the boating a little bit.

Up here in Grand Rapids it just went up to 2.09 so we have a little ways to go until we hit you all, hopefully we wont, but we can't do anything about that can we.

It sucks how we can be kind og controlled by gas, and how gas is used in a lot of what we do everyday.

Speaking of gas prices, my office has a window right next to a Holiday in Woodbury and today the gas price went from $1.97 last night to $2.17 this morning to $2.05 at lunch and now it is back up to $2.09. Three changes in less than 24 hours! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

You can't tell me that the gas they have in their tanks right now changed price three times! Ticks me off.

Gas Prices absolutely dictate everything in our lives.

Everybody is concerned about the price to fill our vehicles. Well, how does gas prices affect the prices of goods we use in our everyday lives. Absolutely everything is shipped from somewhere. Sooner or later, the prices will have to increase to reflect the expense of transporting the goods from one place to another.

I know there are a bunch of truck drivers who frequent here. Diesel has increased too but not as much. How are increased fuel costs affecting you guys?

Does anyone else in the metro think Super America is the leader of the price gouging? They are always the first ones the raise the prices up 10 cents or more for the weekend commute and the other gas stations seem to follow in their footsteps. Yesterday, it was $2.19, then nobody stopped there because the other store stayed at $2.09 long enough to cause them to go back down. I think if everybody stopped going to Super America and went to the independently owned gas stations, it would cause a drop in prices in the Twin Cities Metro, or at least Maple Grove.

twincitiesgasprices.com has a locator that tells which stations are the cheapest and most expensive.
Best fishes
Chris

if the price of gas is a result of high crude prices as the oil barrons claim and not a result of price gouging the why I wonder did E85 also go up in price ??? it is not made from crude is it ??

Grabs:

You are on your third truck in as many years. Did you go Chevy again?

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

I leased a 2000 1500 Chev in Feb 2000, bought a 2003 1500 Chev in Jan 2003, and then bought a 2004 2500HD Duramax on May 1st!

Awesome truck, just took me a few years and for the finacing options to align for me to finally get the truck I really want! I work for a GM supplier so we get supplier pricing, but I plan on keeping this one for a long time unless some thing revolutionary comes along in the diesel market.

Either I know you better then I think I do, or you are paying really close attention to my posts over the last 2-3 years?

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 05-21-2004).]

LOL, true.

I know your 2000 was Pewter. wink.gif

I wish I could upgrade trucks like that. I get bored easily with vehicles. With the family now, it looks like it's either a 4 door Silverado or a Tahoe next inline for me.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Man, they said we where coming out of a ression a few months ago. Looks like maybe a full blown deppression on our horizon! This gas cost is way over the top! I'm glad I still live in an area relativly close to some good bodys of water! God save the USA! (or at least the fishermen)

Gee whiz, does anyone stop to think that maybe the gas prices have something to do with the two oil barrons that are in charge of this country, or has everybody lost sight of that? When the shrub was elected this was predicted by many.

Think about it in November....

Since complaining rarely brings gas prices down, let's do something about it! Most true fisherman enjoy the relaxing time it gives us. We like the feeling of "slowing down" our lives, and fishing is a good remedy. Well, how about SLOWING DOWN while driving! When your driving in any city or small town, why drive light to light like it's a race? We would all be surprised. I promise you we would all still get to work or "run" our errands. Most of our fuel comsumption is city driving, so RELAX, SLOW DOWN, and smell the roses! You may even drive slow enough to notice a few more lakes to fish! I heard a study say if 90% of drivers would ease up on the gas, we would bring prices down dramatically because of less demand. Just my 2 cents, cause every one counts!

I can't help but think these gas prices might be held in check if Senate had passed the bill to drill in the Alaskan Refuge last year. Apparently some of our elected officials in the Senate did not see a need to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.

I don't think the price is currently bad enough for anyone to complain about quite yet, I mean bottled water is going for $1.25/liter!

GRABS...Good going on the new wheels, you won't be dissapointed with that rig.

Now I'm no mathamatician, but How much money would fuel have to go up before not driving or start shopping around for the best price? Gas pricing with inflation from the seventies to today should be over 5 clams a gallon. Hell I pay more money a gallon for milk, orange juice, pop, and some one told me 15 years ago you would have to pay for bottled water, I would say they were nuts....Aquafina close to 6 clams a gallon...Come on now!

MNICE
Still alive. Busy at work and back in the tournament scene. Paid the price over the weekend up at Gull Lake.... Felt like I was in a bumper car all weekend bouncing around in the wind and rain.

WallEYES, we'll need to set up a meeting again at main steet. I haven't been on the lake yet after the opener, been pan fishing a little and doing the usuall Dad stuff. 2 girls in different age softball leagues keeps the Mrs & I running. Hope all else is well.

Jeff

Yea, gas prices are high but what do you do. I don't want to get political here but an earlier post mentioned drilling in Alaska. That would not have affected our gas prices 1c. Most every drop of crude pumped out of Alaska gets sold to Japan. It is cheaper for the oil co. to ship it overseas to Japan than refine it and let the US people use it. It gets me mad when politicians use the Alaska argument because it makes no difference to us in price. There, that's my political rant.

Fivebucks, your arguement is a little flawed.

Of course there is a natural market to export Alaskan oil to SE Asia, it just makes sense shipping wise. There has been talk about putting the Alaskan oil export ban back on, this was taken off in the mid 90s, that is one way to solve the problem you see, although since it was lifted a very small percentage is being exported anyway (never more than 7% I recall reading). Your statement "Most every drop of crude pumped out of Alaska gets sold to Japan." is simply not true. I can respect being against it because of the possible negative effects on the enviornment up there, but your reasoning doesn't make sense.

No Beckman, your reasoning doesn't make sense, there is not enough oil in ANWR to make a bit of difference in world oil prices. Under the most wildly optimistic scenario ANWR could only provide about 1%-2% of US demand in the 10-20 years it would take to exploit the fields. The impact on present world oil prices would be ZERO and, given a corresponding decline in North Slope production, the future impact would also be close to ZERO.

Beckman,
I guess I jumped the gun about the amount of oil exported. I was told once by what I deemed a reliable source that most of the Alaska oil was exported. I researched it and found I am in error, like you said only up to 7% is exported. Sorry for my misstatement. I did know that it wouldn't make much if any difference and I thank you Spike Roberts for bringing those facts out.

I just did business with 6 gas stations today and I started talking with the owners about the price. They said that after July the price will begin to drop. It will level off at $1.50 or so.

By the way, Diesel is going up 8 cents tomorrow. Unleded is going up another 6 cents.

Heres a thought for you guys....we can put a man on the moon and we can perform brain surgery, but we cant make a vehicle that can run on somthing cheaper than $2.15/gallon gas? somthing seems a little messed up to me. I know they are "making" these vehicles, but how many do you see on the roads? What are the prices? and how many stations do you see selling the fuel? Of course I dont know all the facts but it shouldnt be that hard to find a cheap and efficient alternative. Just somthing to think about.
-Beretta

Spike... never did I say it would make a huge difference in world oil prices, I know that the ESTIMATES show that there may not be enought to make a difference but I certainly wouldn't think it would hurt to pump some extra barrels from the good old USA to try to show we aren't completely at the mercy of foreign oil. People started talking about what can be done, and this is just an option I pointed out.

This is probably a better topic for the politcal forum...

[This message has been edited by Beckman (edited 05-24-2004).]