• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HOW MUCH PEOPLE LIKE FM

When is the last time anyone seen 18 pages in 1/2 a day. I'm new just a couple months. I'd bet it's been a while.

GRIZ

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH GRIZZ.I'VE BEEN READING FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW.THIS IS THE MOST I'VE SEEN.THIS PLACE IS #1 BY FAR !!!!!!!!!!!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS !!!

CRAPPIEBAIT

------------------
Greg

Keep in mind the number of actual posters is significantly lower than how many people that simply lurk!!(and steal my fishing spots?LOL)

Jim

Oh yeah, I was a lurker for a few months before I became a member and now I post BS just to get my posts up - LOL

Seriously try corn for bass! wink.gif

This is an amazing site with even more amazing people behind the "handles" I've met and became pretty good friends with FM'ers all because of FM. And I'm not just talking fishing. You can pretty much talk about anything (within reason of course) which makes this site that much more personable. After all we are all human, well most of us smile.gif

Keep on fishing!
EBass

I honestly learn at least one thing new on this site every single day. The best info site I have found.

I like it for all of those reasons and because talking fishing with my wife just isn't any fun.

When the site was down the other day I checked every hour on the hour to see if it was back up. This site ROCKS!! It is great to have this much info at your fingertips.

I've learned more about fishing the last couple of years because of FM, then I have the 1st 20's yrs of fishing prior. The only down side is, seems that when I go fishing with FM'ers they kick my butt. That's okay cause I learn from them and when I do go fishing with Non FM'ers I outfish them. Thanks everyone for all the great info, this is a great site.

One day I tell ya, One day

I am also addicted. I check every morning and evening before I go to bed and I live in Indiana. It takes me 12 hours to get up there so if someone posted the bite is on 13 hours later I'm there (Pack & hook-up boat 1 hour) Draw back is I do not have a computer at my home up there so I must fish the entire time!>!>!>!

Tad

Howdy All...

To me, this site is MORE than just fishing. It's my "detached" family. I know, you're probably thinking... Sheesh, this guy's gotta get a life!!. Yeah, maybe. But if you "short timers" had been around a couple years ago, you would have seen it first hand. Some of you may remember my old handle, Dan97.

Here's the story...

Back in February of 2002, my fiance, Cindy, was diagnosed with cancer. Needing all the support we could muster, I reached out to the folks here at Fishing Minnesota. The response was unbelievable to say the least. 14 pages of caring. Of prayer. Of hope. At bed time, I would go on-line and read all these post to my little girl as she would drift off to sleep with a smile on her face.

During the next five months, through all the surgery and treatments, I kept the board updated on her condition and the positive thoughts, prayers and well-wishes kept rolling in. Page after page of love and hope.

The good Lord took Cindy home in July of 2002. And I know for a fact, the people at Fishing Minnesota helped to make our last days together "easier".

Rick.... God bless you for providing such a wonderful place on the net.

Paul.... God bless you for everything you did for us.

To all who posted to those threads.... God bless you for making my girl smile when there was nothing to smile about.

So you ask, how much do I like F.M.? Like I said, for me it's not just fishing. It's friends, family and much, much more.

God bless and have a GREAT season!!

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

If I was as interested in work as I am in FM I would be the friggin' CEO by now.

Addicted, informative, funny, the handles are interesting tips can be learned, I get caught every morning by my wife and daughter, are you on the computer again, because I use it for my business I get out of the Fm site so they think Im working when I hear them coming down the stairs. I bet Rick worked hard to develop this and was a dream come true have a site about the outdoors and make enough money to buy a few more minnows, can you hear it sounds like Las Vegas, ching ching ching $ Its a good gig if you can get it. Good job Rick am I hired.

I like it enough to shake and throw a fit when it went down the other day. shocked.gif
(I knew then I have problem and need FM anonymous)Hi my name is minnow and I am an FM addict. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
50% of something is better than a 100% of nothing. Nice fish!

When I log on my wife calls it "going to men's group for the evening."
Nuff said.

I'm in the same boat as fishnutbob with my wife. She thinks I'm kinda funny, calls me a computer geek. What a gal.

I've been thinking about what Moose hunter posted. I see that kind of sentiment on all of these pages and I think the credit for that goes to Rick and the staff and how this forum is run. There are some arguements on here but everyone ends up acknowledging some kind of middle ground. Very classy.

This is a great time killer especially during the lull periods between the end of ice fishing and the opener.... I also like how broad the selection of boards are....

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

LundExplorer, I'm with you on that one!

I know for myself, I do a lot more reading and snooping on here than posting. I've learned so much great stuff and ended up buying a lot of great tackle and gear based on the advise of many people here. Can't wait to get my Stone Legacy Revolution! Yeah, I'm thinking icefishing again. Being without a boat has its problems.

When FM went down the other day, I thought they caught onto me at work the other day and blocked me from it. What a relief to find out that wasn't the case.

Have a good day everybody!

My son "The Yeti" turned me onto this site afew months ago and it is a-ok! Lots of varied topics, humor, tips, you name it, it's got it. FM is also very theraputic, it has probably saved more then afew people from having heart attacks! You can vent all kinds of stuff here and get it off your chest. For someone who likes to write, (like myself for instance) this site is custom made.

I could go on and on........

A few weeks ago about 20 of us from the Bird Dogs forum went on a pheasant hunt at a game farm. I was a little weary about the whole thing as far as safety and about the people I would be spending the day with. It turned out to be a great day and I met some really good people. It was like hunting with my family, just all around goodness. Only at FM. What a great place.

I am glad the site is back up and running.
I usually just snoop.

------------------
crazy about fishing

A year ago when I found this board, a trip was being planned to go to Basswood on the BWCA board for a weekend. One of the fellas, Dr. Bob, had a permit for the end of July and put out a first come, first serve announcement of who wanted to go.

Being originally from the Ely area, I gladly volunteered. My wife thought I was nuts to go off fishing and camping for a weekend with a group of people I had never met before. "You mean to tell me you have just talked to these guys on the internet, and are now going to the B-Dub with them"?

We had a blast and have since put together other trips. I've met people that will be lifelong friends and have learned and fished new waters as a result of this forum. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Addicting Matt? Couldn't agree more. All you have to do is scan the last post column on the main page it's likely that you will see info that is current and posted with-in the last week. I have seen other so-called fishing websites that have info months and almost a year old!! WHY BOTHER!

We have a good bunch of staffers mixed with friendly users of the site. smile.gif Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

Yup,
Its alot of fun for sure! I've spent countless hours here since I first registered the first time back in the "old days" lolol. I remember getting exited the day the Detroit lakes area forum hit 25 posts!lol We've came a long ways togather and although I cant make it alot of the get togathers I have met some awesome people here as well as some really good clients. Thanks to all who make this a great place!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

[This message has been edited by Paul Rohweller (edited 05-05-2004).]

i must check this site 10 times a day... i love being addicted to something healthy..

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

Before I found out about this site I maybe would be on the computer once a month but now it's almost every nite. Keep up the great posts. GOOD LUCK!

Well when I started this topic when I was told by doc I couln't work thats when the site was dead. I was going nuts wondering what I was going to do all day. Now I'm back to work but in ND and I'm still going nuts because I can't get to my computer except on weekends while I'm home. Guess I'm one of those guys who looks forward to hard water but would still like to be able to hear how things are going on the softer side.

GRIZ

Easily the best Fishing site on the web. Fishingminnesota.com has done wonders for both my bait and tackle shop and my fishing guide service. The site is easy to use and has quality info for all levels of anglers. My favorite site on the web.

Jason Erlandson

------------------
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Sportland Guide Service Hwy 371 & Cty Rd 13
Nisswa MN

218-963-2401

Without hestitation this is the first place I look for soft water and hard water updates. Sometimes it's just fun to sit in the weeds and read all about it. Many of you have excellent information on how-to and your own experiments over the years.

Case in point: My trip to LOW was a HUGE success this year because of your comments. Fisky and others supplied a wealth of knowledge not obtainable in any other area.

Bottom line is that it makes us enjoy the sport more. I always try to remember this when on the water or ice - Try to make someone else's day too.