• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lund vs. Crestliner

jbontjes

If you look hard at the Lund and then at the Crestliner, I think you'll see why your paying more for the Lund. Attention to detail on the Lund and quality are second to none.

Yea, it is really more boat than I expected, but it does seem to come in handy when I go for my Yearly in Canada. (Eagle Lake)

I've been looking at a new Lund at the local dealer, the 16 Pro Angler.. Love that boat, they stretch the payments out so a cheapskate like myself can afford it. Still pondering if I will get it or not. Im sure when the ice is finally gone, it will be in the driveway!

I have a 2003 Lund Fisherman 1800 with a 115 fourstroke Yamaha. It's enough to fish four comfortably and can handle the rough water at LOTW. The boat is the perfect walleye boat for just over $20,000 with all the extras.

It's the same old comparison. How do they make an airliner? Do they weld it together or do they rivet it together?

Lund or Alumacraft. That's what I'll buy.

I had a lund and now I have a crestliner. They are both good boats. It really comes down to which features you want. I really liked the high top on the topset that crestliner has. To bad they don't make the space saver transom any more. Good luck.

Animalal, Crestliner is bringing back the SST on the 2005 Sportfish. Got the info from an inside source. They are also getting a new style deck rail.

My 3 year old TS182 Crestliner I found more detail and the fit and finish was better than the Pro V when I was looking. It was also 2 inches wider. It's a bit heavier because of the welded versus riveted hull (requires thicker aluminum) So a bit slower but a fine boat none the less. I get 52 MPH with my 115 2 stroke. So far flawless and I ain't easy on it.

2 yrs ago, I bought my new boat. For me, it was a decision or Glass or aluminum. I could not afford the glass boat, so the Crestliner was a no brainer for me. I looked long and hard between the C-Liner, Lund and Alumacraft. Hands down for me was the C-Liner becuase of Price, features, lay out and the support/service I would get. Plus, I liked the paint and decor better.

Everyone is right - buy what you want. You will not be disaapointed. I am sure I would have been just as happy in a lund or Alumacraft as well.

The only thing I wish I did differently - is to have went bigger and get more of the accessories. But those are only wish list items and I have to remind myself of that everyday. As my children grow, there will be a need for a bigger boat - but for the next 5 years, this boat will be plenty big and I'll enjoy everytime I am out on it.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Trailblazer (edited 03-29-2004).]

Anybody have a Tracker Tundra or Avalanch? I've only seen pictures of them,They look pretty cool on paper. Are they all welded or riveted?

LOL....how do you make an airliner weld or rivet...LOL...good one. I guess if a little air leaks in no big deal! But if I sink it's a big deal. After years of hard service rivets DO loosen up and seepage is normal, no big deal. Welded will no ever leak cause if it ever does you gota get it rewelded. And for that matter if it matters you could get rivets tightened up also. I owned an Alumacraft before and it was a great boat and lasted for 10 years of my hard service. But it did seep a bit when I sold it, no big deal, bilge pump. But my Crestliner will never leak. Unless I hit a rock!!!!! But I can hit one alot harder with the thicker hull before she rips. Lund is a good boat also and you get a good boat when you buy one. For my money Crestliner is a better value!