• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

People Eating Tasty Animals

wade22

This is absolutely incredible. The Minneapolis City Council is in trouble with PETA over a Twins/Yankees bet between the two city councils. I remember this story because Robert DeNiro was at NYCity Hall when they got the lutefisk after the Yanks beat the Twins in the playoffs. He tasted it with one of those facial expressions that are really a part of our Minnesota heritage (same one I wear every Thanksgiving when my uncle pulls the lutefisk out of the oven) and called it "Light." Neat story right? Not according to PETA, who sent a letter yesterday rebuking lutefisk as "cruel" and "inhumane." Check it out (the pres. actually likens eating cod to eating cocker spaniels). Priceless:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4165686.html

The most cruel and inhumane thing about lutefisk is being required to be anywhere near it, much less eat it.
I agree that a grouper deserves just as much respect as a cocker spaniel - just not as much marinating time. wink.gif

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

I'm always amazed that the health dept. hasn't come down on the local grocer who keeps the lutey in the cold case with real food.

P.S.

How soon will it be before the mayor apologizes to peta. There will be a photo op of him enjoying a vegetable only lunch with a peta rep and saying he will never do it again. Yup, just in time for tonites 5:00 news.

P.S.

How soon will it be before the mayor apologizes to peta. There will be a photo op of him enjoying a vegetable only lunch with a peta rep and saying he will never do it again. Yup, just in time for tonites 5:00 news.

I had a run in with some PETA people once when I was fishing. The were going off about how meat was murder and all. I just said "If meat is murder, murder tastes pretty f***ing good." grin.gif

When you begin to hate yourself and feel guilty about everything in the World, you are ready to become a PETA member.

What a sad bunch of people they are...

------------------
Chells

I wonder how they get to work? Or if a leather belt holds up their pants? Or if they put any thought into where that glue that holds most things they use together came from?

Very strange bunch

I have a brother in law who traps beaver for some on lake minnetonka. They don't want to know how he gets rid of the beaver they just don't want them chewing on their shrubs or lake side trees.

PETA folks better run back to the woods and abandon all technology, as the inventors of much technology ate meat to subsist whilst they invented, therefore the technology they use was created by the tasteless, shameless exploitation of the animal kingdom! Look they are the same hypocrites that ride in jets and then take limos to PETA rallys. How much pollution are they willing to exude on the world to fight for their cause.
God lyk!
JC

I ran into these schmucks at a Wendy's one time. They informed me my "meal once had a face". i corrected them. I got my burger with bacon. it once had 2 faces.......... grin.gif

It's kinda soupy but if cooked quickly in the oven, lutefisk doesn't stink up the house. Living in Wyoming that's one thing I miss...

Kevin

It's kinda soupy but if cooked quickly in the microwave oven, lutefisk doesn't stink up the house. Living in Wyoming that's one thing I miss...

Kevin

Read the article. The real funny thing is this PETA letter writer, Bruce Friedrich, director of vegan outreach for PETA, is a former Minnesotan and a former fisherman. The lutefisk is a traditional Minnesota dish and in many minds a booby prize.

Lighten up peta. If you don't, I gonna go out and get me a 24 oz steak...and cook it slow, real slow over a bed of coals...

Apparently becoming a vegan is what happens when you can't catch fish? Too bad there isn't a photo of him with a full stringer. Better yet, I would really love it if somewhere in his closet of skeletons, there was a beautiful 29 inch mounted walleye. Maybe he could hang that in his office in Washington DC. smile.gif

And what about the poor plants this loser is killing to satisfy his hunger. I find plants beautiful and can't understand why anyone would kill one. Especially soybeans. All they want in life is sun and water. You cruel bas**rds. wink.gif

And by focusing your diet on plants, don't you increase the number of homeless bugs. They just want a place to relax and you eat their house. How can you peta folks sleep at night.

And isn't he stealing food from animals. Rabbits like lettuce and carrots. But vegans eat lots of these. We need a campaign to save the poor starving rabbits. Poor helpless rabbits. I was always a big Bugs Bunny fan and Bugs loved carrots. How can they do this to Bugs.

PETA is about double standards. Kill plants but not animals. Worry about animals but not your own species.

I will respect peta when they realize regardless of what we do, we impact our environment. They are no better than I. When they start to live in grass huts with no heat, ride their bikes to fields to raise their hemp without use of mechanical means....you get my point.

Respect my choices and I will respect yours.

I read somewhere recently that PETA
bought 150 shares of stock in Hormel
meats or some local meat company.
It was to bring the company to stop
some inhumane treatment of animals.
So now they have a little clout on
that board.
TonyS

Kriiiiipes! Yous guys are not liffin if you have not ate the lute. I eat it often and wipe my chin when I gets done. Ya know dem Scotts tried killing us scandahoofians off by soakin our fish in lye...well it didn't work.

"Lutefisk is Cruelty to Humans" <--LOL

Anyways... enough of the Silly PETA people. I don't know what to do with them... Maybe if we can convince them that Vegtables have feelings too they will all starve to death? MUHAHAHA

What in the heck is a "lutefish"(sp?)? I dont think I've ever caught or ate one. Is it like an eelpout? smile.gif I ate pickled, smoked, dryed fish, and those things they call "blind robins". Is it a fish chowder? Are lutefish native only to MN. and Scandinavia? confused.gif I'm not sure if I really want to eat one based on other's posts. Is there a limit on how many you can catch....Or eat? grin.gif As far as eating, the limit sounds like it varys from person to person, leaning more towards the minimal side. I might want to bring something "special" and tasty to Thanksgiving dinner. This is the first Thanksgiving that I may be eating at my future Mother In-laws house.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

eelpout, fish chowder, pickled, smoked, dried, blind robin, sardines, ceadar planked fish. It dosen't matter, these are all gormet delicasies compared to the lutefish grin.gif My mother is 100% Swede and about every 6 to 8 years my father would need a reminder on how wonderful this stuff was ( that would cure him for awhile )
I suggest you find out your future mother-in-laws maiden name and if it sounds a little too norweigian! Run!

Lutefisk is north Atlantic cod (same fish used for most fish sandwiches at fast food joints) that was soaked in lye to preserve it when Scandinavian immigrants came over on ocean going vessels of that day. They don't eat it in Norway or probably any of the Scandavian countries - not sure why - they probably had no need to preserve it. I've eaten it many times and like it. You prepare it by boiling it and it's usually served with a cream sauce or with melted butter and salt and pepper. It gets a lot of bad raps for how it smells, but I've smelled much worse things cooking than lutefisk and it's also a heck of a lot better than any bullheads or carp prepared in any manner - just had to throw in the editorial comment for those of you who fancy rough fish and knock lutefisk!

Now for PETA types you serve lutefisk differently. You throw away the fish and give them the lye!

Pain is a chemical response that transmits information. When a plant is cut down, it emits a spray of hormones into the air that tell other plants that its being eaten. Some plant respond to this signal by moving poison to their leaves. This chemical response could very well be called an agonizing cry. So, HEAR ME NOW, PETA HYPOCRITES! EVERYTHING IN YOUR SALAD BEGGED FOR MERCY BEFORE IT WAS MURDERED FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Scifisher

The only way I could past the smell of lutefisk to eat the stuff would be with gas mask grin.gif The stuff smells baaaaaadd smile.gif

I can't believe that is was fish at one time.

I know what PETA reminds me of now, KKK. They scare me and PETA is trying to make this country something its not suppose to be. This Country is a free one so lets go FISHING! grin.giffish033.gif

(STUPID PETA AND THEIR ****TY IDEAS)

------------------
Fish ON!

yasureyoubetchabygollyderdendon'tyaknow. If you can read that you were made to eat lutefisk! mmmm mmmm gooooood! Uffda! smile.gif
I really love the Atkins diet. Allmost everything once had a face.

PikeEye, Nifty.....gimme the low-down on those graphics. Please?
On the sub of lute......sevral years ago an old timer of true Norweigian(spel?) ancestry told me he won't eat it anymore because it isn't the same. Reason? He said the local/neighborhood grocers would keep the cod/lute in wooden crates in the alleys out back (due to the complaints of the shoppers). The roving neighborhood dogs would regularly pass by and pee on the stuff. This no longer happens nowadays because of changes in technology, health codes, supermarkets, etc,etc. Anyway, that's the story told to me, why Ivan will not, under any circumstances, ever eat the lute again. I have seen him spread raw sucker eggs on toast and consume them with great delight, and even been encouraged to procure them for him since he can no longer stand the cold water. grin.gif
TALKOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's right Toenail

St Paul Pioneer Press

Source: -- Lee Egerstrom
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is investing in ... Hormel Foods? PETA has purchased 150 shares of the Austin, Minn.-based meat company's common stock, almost assuring that Austin is on the itinerary for future demonstrations. "Austin should be ashamed to be called 'Spamtown,' with those stupid banners all over town, because Spam production entails cruelty to animals," said Austin native Bruce Friedrich, a PETA director, in a statement

Published on October 15, 2003, Page C1, Saint Paul Pioneer Press

do a search for PETA and you will find more STUPID things PETA is after.... man I love my steaks medium rare...yummy!!!!

Bro

[This message has been edited by Brother Bro (edited 10-23-2003).]

Big Bro,

Bet ya can't eat just one....MMMMM, me loves me meat.

All the stock purchase does is allow them to attend the shareholders meeting and create a scene. I hope the shareholders get some of that lovely gel that they pack hams in and pour it over the peta idiots. Oh, and don't forget the rabbit raisins...

Sorry summerzoff but lute is the lye fisk is the fish. My heritage commands me to post this.
God lyk!
JC

If God didn't want us to eat animals why did He make them out of meat? - Dennis Leary

The article mentioned carp was a "grouper fish." What is that? Another name for a rough fish?