• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saturday af-der-da FM Night meeting plan.

Guys & Gals... hows about my inviting you to "my" lake next day after the meeting.
Let me show you Lake Tetonka.

I suggest Saturday Morning we hit Happy Chief (Hwy 35 and Hwy 14 North-West side of the freeway) for an early breakfast... begins any time & ends up to 8:30am. We'll buzz by Cabela's for any live bait grabbers, and head to Tetonka. We can "carivan" the back-roads to the public access... but I'll also give you directions now. Should take us an hour to get there from Owatonna, including the Cabela's stop.
From Mpls.. take Hwy 35 South to Faribault.
From Owatonna... take Hwy 35 North to Faribault.
From Faribault... take Hwy 60 West to Waterville. You go through the intersection of Hwy 60 and Hyw. 13... staying on Hwy 60 past Waterville several miles to County Rd. 170. Take a right (only goes North) and head North on Co. Road 170. This road takes you to a "Y". Right (paved) goes to the public access and left (dirt) goes to Best Point Resort.
I will share "SOME" of my Tetonka hot spots with those wanting to follow me round on the lake. I'll educate those interested on the great structure Tetonka has to offer and some of the rigs I use there.

There is a cafe in Waterville with great meals or you can bring a lunch. We'll spend most of a day fishin'. Best Point will like ly be closed for the year and have the docks up, but I will show that resort to you also.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

A bit more about Tetonka...

Tetonka sits on a DNR hatchery. Years ago it was rumored that the DNR had dumped a load of Musky in Tetonka... by error. I have seen some of these fish! They are now fully grown... and are Tiger Musky. I saw one caught on a crappie jig! This guy happend to be using a leader or he'ld never have landed this fish. It was about 49".

My biggest Northern there has been a 18 pounder which I took drifting a leech on a walleye jig... no leader. I took that fish in front of the "lagoons" in 27 foot of water.
My biggest eye has been a 8+ pounder which I took in front of the outlet. I took that fish on a Bait Rigs Odd Ball Jig and a Berkley Power Grub.
I lost the biggest Bass I have seen in Minnesota on this lake. Had to be over 9lbs.

The lake has the largest/longest single piece of structure of any Southern Minnesota lake, with a drop-off that is several hunderd feet long. This drop goes from 5 to 27 feet the entire lingth. It has several submerged islands and many good points. It has a river running thru it.
I have caught Bass, Walleye, Pike, Crappie, Sunfish, Perch, Stripers, Catfish, Bullheads, Sheepheads, Carp, and Dogfish on this lake... never been skunked.
She is a great Walleye lake in the fall & spring!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here are a couple of pics of fish Caught out of Tetonka:

Tetonka Walleye
hoggard-tetonka-eye.jpg

Tetonka Northern Pike
hoggard-tetonka-pike.jpg

Yup Dave Tetonka is my lake too! The FMers that take you up on the invite should do well. I've pulled a couple of nice Walleyes out of there already this fall(released). The bite seems to be picking up there. One thing to note, as it gets later in the afternoon those without boats can pick up some eyes off the fishing pier at the hatchery. Use a slip bobber and plain ( I prefer orange) hook and a fathead. Set the bobber at about 3 to 31/2 feet. Or a floating jig hooked "lindy" style with a fathead, and cast out and retrieve very slowly.
Good luck everyone and I'll see you in November.Lucky

Uh oh... frown.gif
My boat is in the shop. Took it to LaCannes Marine in Faribault. It has a bearing out and a busted shift cable. Hope it is out by the 17th.
If not I am going to be boatless!
I am sure I could borrow Richard Smith's or pile in with him... or someone.
Anyone know for sure that they are staying over to fish Tetonka on Sat.?
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 10-07-2003).]

Dave, I don't know if anyone is going to take you up on your offer, but if they don't they will be missing out on some great fishing. I've done very well on Tetonka the last 3 weeks, I've caught nice walleyes, big crappies and some very nice pike. If anyone is interested here is what has been working for me. Daytime I've been longlining #11 floating rapalas 100' back in 6 to10 feet of water on the long bar in Antl bay. At night I'll either fish off the pier at the hatchery or wade either side of it for some dandy crappies(10 to 12")1/16 ounce jig and yellow twister tail tipped withn a crappie minnow works well. Or a glow ice jig under a lighted bobber will get'em too. I usually get there at least an hour before dark and cast a rapala husky jerk in clown color or orange and have caught several pike over 10 lbs. The walleyes I've caught range from small dinks to one that went 7 1/2 lbs. Well there you are some info if you want it.
Lucky

Lucky Fish,
I should have been fishing with you all week instead of working!
Hope you left some there for me... smile.gif

I found out today that my boat will not be ready till first week in November... so, I'll be begging a ride with someone for next Saturday. Might be... I'll have to borrow Richard Smith's boat.

Yep, there are some good fish to be had in Tetonka!
I can not wait...
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Dave sorry to hear about your boat. I'd certainly take you out in my boat, but I'm heading for SD this weekend. I only kept 5 crappies and a walleye out of all those fish (5 crappies enough for one meal and a 4lb walleye enough for one meal). The fishing pier at the hatchery can get very busy right now, and unfortunatly I didn't see one other fish returned. Oh well to each his own I guess. Good luck with family night and I hope some FMers take you up on some fine fishing!
Lucky