• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4-0 vikings

mrclean

How about those Vikings? Its starting to look a little of 1998.Hopefully we will make the playoffs and not choke as always. With them playing so good it is hard to get out and fish on Sundays.I can see it now the Twins win the world series,the vikes the super bowl,t-wolves win the nba and the gophers smell the roses.

Glad to see the Vikings are pulling it together again. Moss played like he should. Wicked defense too. Hopefully they keep it up. Nice to have Frerotte to fill in for Daunte.

Good Fishin,
Matt

Hey Mr.Clean! Ya' beat me to this post. Yahooo! I live and breath purple. During the preseason I'd have guessed the vikes might not have won 6 games total this year. Holy smokes was I wrong!

Frerotte was fantastic. I can't remember for sure what the stats were, but I don't think he missed to many passes. He was like a rifle out there! It's really a great feeling knowing that we've got that caliber a player as a back up to one of the highest rated QB's in the league.

I'm betting on a playoff berth now, and if they can keep up this level of play, well, who knows? I'll be going apesh_t if they can make it to the BIG SHOW!

Go Vikes!

I can't believe I've been able to watch two and a half games on Utah stations this year despite the Vike's dismal season last year. This is a record! We weren't allowed to see the game with the Lions and the Fox station switched to another game today at halftime. Went to get a sandwich and thought I was just seeing the halftime report of other games. To think that I missed a day of fishing with the kids for only half a game! At least they trounced one of the teams revered around here for the 21 years I've been a Viking fan away from his native Minnesota.
Wouldn't it be great to have all of the pro MN win championships? They could quite realistically.

Kevin

They are looking great! Good chance against a Vick-less Atlanta of going into the bye week 5-0... I wouldn't mind seeing Gus play another game - hopefully Cullpepper and Moss can get healthy and remain healthy for the rest of the season.. Denver after the bye week will be our first real test... With Portis healthy, they will be tough..

I was at the game Sunday. It was really nice watching a Viking Q-back dropping back, looking for a receiver, finding his man and throwing with authority. The front line is a brick wall. Ontario and Moe are stepping up and getting first downs. Tice is calling on everbody to handle the ball. It is fun to watch becaue you never know who is going to get the ball.

The D attacks and shuts em down and there is no more of that bend-don't-break BS.

This team has come along way since we booed Cullpepper off the field last year. I think it will be a good year to be a Viking fan.

• 2 months later...

We shouldn't have got too excited. We jinxed them! This hurts worse than '98 . . . .at least that loss was to a respectable team!

wasnt much of a season to brag about

Best is to go out fishing and listen to them on the radio w/ PA and DB rip on them! grin.gif

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

The Vikings won't be any good until the there's a new owner and the mistakes of Denny Green are flushed away. Ever notice that players cut by the Vikings seldom show up again? Meanwhile, call your legislator and tell them, "No new stadium."