• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Name contest

I am looking for a name for a fishing guide service. I want it to be unique, catchy, and easy to remember. I am offering a very nice prize for the one who comes up with the best name. It needs be be something not being used by anyone else and preferably will be able to be used as a web address also. the prize will an 8 volume set of NAFC fishing books to include

The Complete Freshwater Fisherman

Freshwater Fishing Secrets

Catch Fish Anytime, Anywhere

Artificial Lures

The Complete Bass Book

How to catch Largemouth Bass

Secrets of the Bass Pros

Catfishing Strategies

and as an added bonus 3 NAHC books

Whitetail Wisdom

Secrets of the Whitetail Pros

Elk Essentials

These are hardbound full color books which are loaded with a ton of information, tips and tricks. Almost certain to make you a better fisherman. The winner will be able to pickup, or I will meet in the metro area to deliver. Winner will be announced Sept 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kwkfsh

• can it be luck?

• Dano2

• Royce Aardahl

Kwikfish Guide Service. Do I still have to wait to get my prize or can I come by and pick them up? LOL

Great offer... I am in!

Alaska Out-Fishing (pronounced...
I'll ask ya out-fishing)

"Juneau Yukon Fish... Eskimo about it" Guides
(Pronounced did-you-know you-can fish... ask-me-mo about it Guides)

Alaskan Expert Guides (you may have a partner)

Experience Alaska Fishing Guides / Experience Alaska Fishing Guide Service

Alaskan Pro Guides / Alaskan Pro Guide Service

Fishing Guides Alaska

Northern Light Guides / Northern Light Guide Service

Northern Lights Guides / Northern Lights Guide Service

Alaska Region Guide Service

Yucon Guides / Yukon Guide Service

Yukon Fish (pronounced... you can fish)

Way-Up-North Guides / Way-Up-North Guide Service

Northern Rergion Guides / Northern Region Guide Service

Alaska - Northern Guides / Alaska - Northern Guide Service

Midnight Sun Guides / Midnight Sun Guide Service

Sky-Blue Waters Guides / Sky-Blue Waters Guide Service

Fly-in Guides / Fly-in Guide Service
Fly-n Guides / Fly-n Guide Service
Fly'n Guides / Fly'n Guide Service
Flying Guides / Flying Guide Service

Kodiac Fishing Guides / Kodiac Fishing Guide Service

Ain't No Place Better Guide Service

Piece of Heaven Guide Service

Be There Guide Service
Been There Guide Service

Top Knotch Guide Service

River Run Guide Service

Gold In Them Hills Guide Service / Golden Hills Guide Service

Gates of the Artic Guide Service

For starters... more to come.
The books would be great!
Going out with you would be even better!
Lots of luck.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 08-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 08-16-2003).]

What do you plan to guide for and in what season or seasons do you plan to guide in?

Where do you plan to guide?

What is your name?

Develop a guide service name that reflects the services you provide, and you personally.

As for the 8 volume set of NAFC fishing books. I recommend you donate them to a kids hospital or a local school library. You may guide and inspire a new generation to the world of fishing.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"
701-281-2300
[email protected]

Since someone took my "Alaska" idea, I'll try something else. smile.gif Simple, but this says it all. "DREAM CATCHERS", catching fish that dreams are made of.

Kevin, you really need to work on your lack of confidence, Catch-n you have way to much time on your hands, Backwater thats a great idea and I will do that in addition to the set I give away here. This name will be for a guide service here on Miss and St Croix. Year around mostly for Walleyes and Smallmouth.

Croixsippi Guide Service... oh wait, that's been done grin.gif

How about these..
Mississipi'n Croix Guide Service
"We specialize in Bass and Walleye fishing on the St. Croix and Mississippi River"

Miss'n Croix Guide Service
Great Old Miss Guide Service
The Croix Guide Service
MissCroix Guide Service
Croix'n Miss Guide Service

FishFinders Guide Service
River Rat's Guide Service

How about "Sippi-Croix Mouths and Eyes Guide Service". Good Luck with the new venture!!

River Runner (Guide Service*)
Two Tone (*) - 'cause of that cool convergence where the two rivers meet-
River Heritage (*)
Saint Missy (*)
Saint 'Sippi (*)

Being that I'm on FishingMN staff - If you select one of my ideas I will donate the set to the Friends of The Mississippi River silent auction fundraiser this fall. They are a non-profit river conservation/restoration/education group who seeks to work with ALL parties (including sportspersons) interested in working towards the health of our Mighty Missy & her tributaries.
Oh yeah, I just checked and none of those exist as a dot-com domain name.
------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 08-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 08-16-2003).]

Got Fish Guiding.
Fish This Guide Service.
Wishin I was Fishin Guides.
<>< <>< <>< <><

Here's one that might bring in the clients. Although getting paid will be up to you!....NO FISH..NO FEE!!!..G.S.... I'll gaurantee you'll get some clients based on the "sure thing" approach!

Catchnfish Guide Service or variations of this. Did you read the volumes mentioned? I didn't read any literature when I hung my shingle as a guide in the 1970s; maybe that's why I had few customers. I just thought it was because I was only 12 or 13 years old. I was featured in an article in Outdoor Outlines or something like that once though. Good luck!!!

Kevin

We-B-Jigging Guide Service
Haul Eyes Guide Service
Good Day's Catch Guide Service
Day's Catch Guide Service
Stick-em Guide Service
Lip Stick Guide Service
CPR Guide Service
Land-N-UR Catch Guide Service
Good Day Fishin' Guide Service

Lake Regions Guide Service

River Bend Guide Service
Get Hooked Guide Service
Fish'n Fool's Guide Service
Fisha Haulic Guide Service
Fishurbassoff Guide Service
End of the Line Guide Service

Top Waters Guide Service

Rippin Pigs Guide Service
Bobbin Bobbers Guide Service
Troll Taker's Guide Service

Crossin Eyes Guide Service

Slam-Dunk Guide Service
River Pigs Guide Service
Have Boat... Will Travel Guide Service
Catch On Guide Service

Catch'n Guide Service (I'll take this one!)

Fishies Worst Nightmare Guide Service
So Many Lakes / Too Little Time... Guide Service

Fish On Guide Service

Got One Guide Service
Bait Up Guide Service
Cast of Thousands Guide Service
Fish or Cut Bait Guide Service
Go-N-Fishin' Guide Service
Go N Fish N Guide Service
Goin' Fishin' Guide Service
\
Gone Fishin' Guide Service

Go Fish Guide Service
Fish Da River Guide Service
Fish the River Guide Service
Fishing . Net Guide Service
Grab a Net Guide Service

Shut-Up and Fish Guide Service
Got Bigger Boat Guide Service
Nibble This! Guide Service
Gotta Hit Guide Service
Gota Fish Guide Service

No Limits Guide Service

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 08-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 08-17-2003).]

How about, (insert your name here) Professional Angling Outings. Under this post: Courteous Confident Guiding for Serious Fishermen.
God lyk!
JC

When I think of the Mississippi the first thing that comes to mind is Huck Finn. And the first thing that comes to mind concerning Huck is the fence he conned his friend into painting for him. How about something along the lines of:
Huck Finns whitewash guide service. We do the work you have the fun.

Catch'n deserves something just for comeing up with so many ideas!!! smile.gif

Thanks Can It Be Luck! My pleasure, this is real fun.... I am really just shooting for a trip with this guy! smile.gif

Waters In Motion Guide Service
Flowing Waters Guide Service
Rippled Waters Guide Service
Better by a Dam Site Guide Service
Rollin' Down the River Guide Service
Old Miss Guide Service
Life's Ambition Guide Service
One More Cast Guide Service
Ten More Casts Guide Service
Dark-Thirty Guide Service
Out Cast'n Guide Service
Sure Gonna Miss Her... Guide Service
Hittin' Miss Guide Service
Fish'n Time Guide Service
Get da Net Guide Service
Cast Till Ya Cain't Guide Service
4 Seasons Guide Service (Cept fer da sommer times... den, when I fish so, I svet so... an when I svet so, I stink so... so, I don't tink so!)
Pullin' Strings Guide Service
Jiggin' Castin' Yank'n & Crank'n Guide Service
10,000 Lakes Guide Service (... Honey, I'll be home a bit late tonight!)
Get Hooked Guide Service
Hooked on Fishing Guide Service
Fish'n Ain't Workin' Guide Service
Walleyes First Guide Service
Walleyes First... Bass is Next! Guide Service
River Pound'r Guide Service
Work'n on a River Guide Service
Spill Way Guide Service
Go Fish Guide Service
Gopher Walleye Guide Service
Alure'n Guide Service
Tap Tap Tap Guide Service