• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New to the site

It is my first time to post.

I just want to say that I am very impressed with this site... thanks for all the good work done here and the interesting fishing information you made available.

I also wanted to share a hot spot with those here who fish Southern Minnesota. The last two fishing trips I have had were to Lake Francis. Lake Francis is near Elesian, Mn and West of Waterville and Faribault, MN on Hwy 60.

On both trips this week, my kids and I have been banging the big Sunfish on Lake Francis. These all male panfish are as big or bigger than your hand... and are on the spawn beds right now. They are "spewing & squirting".
We have been fishing the hazard-marker bouies on the West end of the lake that cover the rock-reef there. This is an area about 100 yards long (running North & South) and has about seven markers up. Most of the more concentraited fish are located on the area near the last marker on the South end of the row.
Our best luck came when anchored and fished from up-wind and stayed back away from the markers about 25 feet. This put the wind to our backs and allowed us to cast light lures further, by using the wind. The fish were holding in 4 to 7 feet of water near the shallows. If we anchored right on top of them, they spooked... and we had less bites. Staying back was the key and casting with the wind made it easy for the kids too.
These fish were going nuts for live-bait and "artificals" on small jigs and Willospoons. It was absolutely a fish for every cast. We must have caught several hunderd in only a couple of hours. They would have made a great meal, however we were doing the "catch & release" thing on both trips.
This was loads of fun on ulrta-light rods. Great action for the kids to experience.
I hope some of you can get there to enjoy this great bite!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard
Catch-N Tackle Co.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Welcome aboard Dave,
we look forward to hearing more from you.

Hey Dave ,welcome to the site.There is a weekend get together on Mille Lacs in Sept. 20th if you would like to meet a few of the people who visit this site.
Check out the threads under Mille Lacs Lake area forum.
Benny

Welcome Dave. Looking forward to those Tetonka/Waterville reports! Nav

Heck yea...
I would love to come up and meet some of you "FM" guys!
Is there a post on here some where with the details?
Do need to I bring anything with... pitch in on food or do a $ donation?
And how about accomidations? Where & when & how long?
Is there a friendly fishing contest... need some doorprizes?

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard
Catch-N Tackle Co.

I found the post Benny... thanks! I'll check my schedule and check with "the BOSS" (mom).
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard
Catch-N Tackle Co.

Hey if your offering some stuff for door prizes , I would welcome that.
I tried my hand at the tackle buisness some years back,hence benstackle, even tried guiding.But I didn't have the patiance to deal with the general public, so I got out of it and sold everything I had to a bait shop in Nashwalk,MN.

Derek is checking on some hats, and I have to call a friend to see if he has any hats to give out from his buisness or knows of a discount hat print shop.

Other than that the door prize thing was never discussed.

If you can make it be sure to call and book a cabin or tent site before there all go.

Benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 06-28-2003).]

Glad you made it! Welcome aboard. Hope you make it to all 10,000 lakes!

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

I will gladly donate a door prize... or three, for the event.
Even if I can not make it up for the event!
Please put me down for three catch-n.com hats and with each hat comes a $25.00
Catch-N Tackle gift certificate.
Where do you want them shipped to, or should I just ship them to the door prize winners if I do not make it there to pass them out?

Too bad about your bad luck and experience with the tackle biz... I have been going for 15 years and it seems I like it more every day!

I love everything about fishing. It is better than... well just about anything there is!

You know why Fishing Is Better Than _ _ _

1. You don't have to hide your Fishing magazines.

2. It's perfectly acceptable to pay a professional to Fish with you.

3. The Ten Commandments don't say anything about Fishing.

4. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing in your Whaler, you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.

5. Your Fishing partner doesn't get upset about people you fished with long ago.

6. It's perfectly respectable to Fish with a total stranger.

7. When you see a really good Fisher person, you don't have to feel guilty about imagining the two of you fishing together.

8. If your regular Fishing partner isn't available, he/she won't object if you Fish with someone else.

9. Nobody will ever tell you that you will go blind if you Fish by yourself!

10. When dealing with a Fishing pro, you never have to worry if they are really an undercover cop.

11. You can have a Fishing calendar on your wall at the office, tell Fishing jokes, and invite co-workers to Fish with you without getting sued for harrassment.

12. There are no Fishing transmitted diseases.

13. If you want to watch Fishing on TV, you don't have to subscribe to the premium or pay-for-view channels.

14. Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner the rest of your life.

15. Nobody expects you to give up Fishing if your regular partner loses interest in it.

16. Your Fishing partner will never say, "Not again? We just Fished last week! Is Fishing all you ever think about?"

smile.gif

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard
Catch-N Tackle Co.

Welcome to the site Dave! Thanks for sharing your fishing report!

------------------
- Addict
[email protected]
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
- Henry David Thoreau

Those were some good reasons to fish Dave.
If you want to send them to me I will be sure they get handed out to the people.
Maybe as a big fish award,name/number drawing on the launch or most laughed at joke award.

Send me an email and I will get you the address.
[email protected]

Another one is, I never hear my fishing partners say" NO, I have a headache"

Welcome! Nice report and great joke!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Benny,
I packaged up the three catch-n.com hats and three vouchers good for $25.00 each in
Catch-N Tackle purchases from the site. These door prizes I'll ship to you tomorow smile.gif

Is it full moon that weekend? I love big water on the full moon. Best of luck with the event.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard
Catch-N Tackle Co.