• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South end muskies

I will be going to Mille Lacs for my 1st musky fishing trip on the big lake. Could anyone give me a general starting point on this 130,000 acre pond? The bays on the lake are probably 5-10 times bigger than the lakes I generally fish. I know about Isle, Vineland, and Wahkon Bays as general starting points, but any more detailed information would really help. My fishing partners have gone there a few times and going by their success rate they will be no help at all. I appreciate any info. anyone can give me. Also, any information on local campgrounds would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All of those bays are good. Start by locating cabbage on your locator. My favorite way to fish muskies is by speed trolling bucktails. You cover lots of water fast. Father Hennepin state park located by Isle is a great place to camp.

5 mph plus, using the big motor, fishing two guys, put one bucktail 20 feet behind the boat in the prop wash the other out about 150 feet.