• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
minnphatts

Smaller Walleye Lakes in the Mille Lacs/ Brainerd Area

minnphatts

Can anyone help me locate some decent small walleye lakes in the Mille Lacs/Brainerd area? I have a small boat and I am planning to camp and fish for walleyes, sm/lg bass as a possible backup. When I say small I mean probably less than 1,000 acres. Thanks in advance.

Andy

Borch

Check out Rabbit Lake near Aitkin. Very good walleye and panfish lake. Manageable with a smaller boat.

Fathead

The best lakes are Gull, Round, North Long (on cloudy, morning & Evenings), South Long.

I prefer Gull lake. During the daytime fish deep (30+). The morning & evenings pull a firetiger shad or risto rap on the weedlines in 12 to 15'.

minnphatts-- Farm Island lake out of Garrison get's over looked a lot even though it has slot size's on eye's (check the changeable book) it's got lot's of structure,island's sand, rocks, weeds and all typ's of spiece's